Can you rescan the sensors without having to do a Cal ride

grouter

Can you rescan the sensors without having to do a Cal ride

Post by grouter »

Hi there night be a dumb question but is it possible to rescan all the ANT+ sensors on a powerpod without having to do an out and back ride? if so is it the usual hold it for 4 seconds then let it find the heart rate/speed cadance etc?, it's just I seem to remenber the last time I tried it forced a cal ride.

I have it set-up on a recument and am only changing the speed sensor, it was a bit of faff dial in in the first place and I wouldn't want to start again if you see what I mean.

Ta

Graham
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Can you rescan the sensors without having to do a Cal ride

Post by Velocomp »

Unfortunately no. A rescan will force a new cal ride, but the cal ride takes only about 5 minutes.

After you've done your new cal ride, post ride files from your old profile and your new one. If necessary I will change your new profile (with the new speed sensor) to have the same readings as the old profile (with the prior speed sensor).
John Hamann
grouter

Post by grouter »

Ok cheers. I’m guessing I can just compare the two profiles though and update. I only tweeked cda values etc. No need to bother you if that’s the case.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

grouter wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:17 am Ok cheers. I’m guessing I can just compare the two profiles though and update. I only tweeked cda values etc. No need to bother you if that’s the case.
Correct!
John Hamann