Elevation / pressure

Wobblydrow

Elevation / pressure

Post by Wobblydrow »

I know elevation isn't important, its the relative change that is, but will this affect the total power calculated if i ride in the morning and then later in the day home when the weather is different?, and i join the two files together in the software(so i can upload to strava as one ride)? Currently i live at 100m above sea level and ride to the coast at 10m. The pp has me starting at 10m, and going to minus 90m, although the net ride profile is ok.

Does a change in pressure affect the interaction with calibration over time, or is that only concerned with wind / CDA?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Elevation / pressure

Post by Velocomp »

Wobblydrow wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:54 am I know elevation isn't important, its the relative change that is, but will this affect the total power calculated if i ride in the morning and then later in the day home when the weather is different?, and i join the two files together in the software(so i can upload to strava as one ride)? Currently i live at 100m above sea level and ride to the coast at 10m. The pp has me starting at 10m, and going to minus 90m, although the net ride profile is ok.

Does a change in pressure affect the interaction with calibration over time, or is that only concerned with wind / CDA?
Absolute elevation has no effect whatsoever.
John Hamann