Indoor trainer mode for Wahoo Kickr Snap

jeffwhitfield

Indoor trainer mode for Wahoo Kickr Snap

Post by jeffwhitfield »

Hi there!

I'm considering a Wahoo Kickr Snap and, while it can provide it's own power reading, it does have a feature called PowerMatch where it can use a power meter as a data source. Question is: How would I enable the PowerPod to allow for this? Doesn't appear that the Wahoo Kickr is in the trainer list in the setting on Issac. :(
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Indoor trainer mode for Wahoo Kickr Snap

Post by Velocomp »

For Wahoo Kickr you should use its power readings.
John Hamann
jeffwhitfield

Re: Indoor trainer mode for Wahoo Kickr Snap

Post by jeffwhitfield »

Yeah, that’s what I figured. I did end up getting a Kickr Snap and, even without the use of a dedicated power meter, it does a fair job. Definitely a worthy upgrade over a basic fluid trainer.

However, for those looking to get a Kickr Snap, I will say that you have to calibrate it each time. Based on my research, on-wheel trainers can be a bit temperamental. As such, Wahoo recommends calibrating it each time you set it up. It’s a pain and does take about 10 minutes but doing so will give you much greater accuracy in the long run. The trick is making sure that you have ample pressure in your back tire and that you calibrate it so that the spin down time is consistent every time. Takes some getting used to but it does lead to a more pleasurable experience. :)