Cal ride vs 4 second reset

Wobblydrow

Cal ride vs 4 second reset

Post by Wobblydrow »

As i have been having a few problems with my various bike setups I decided to do a hard reset and start again.
I set a profile in Isaac from start of process and uploaded, first bike went well, a ride with _calride_ in title appeared.

Transferred to a second bike and the cal ride started as normal, then at 50W the light turned red but I didn't get a count up on screen until right before arriving at the start point, when it just started to count up again, as i had arrived back at start I assumed it must have worked (and the file appears to have recorded the right details, but to be safe I clicked for 4 seconds, and did another O&B ride. What i noticed was a difference in behavior, the light sequence once the sensor is found is not the same, whilst the instructions suggest it should be.
1) the green goes out correctly, yellow then immediately appears not the green/red alternating.
2) When 50W is reached I dont get the solid red light, the count up can exceed 50W on counter rather than stick at 50W, and dont get the finishing yellow light.
3)What I also observed on two bikes, is when I do the 4 second repair, the 0-100 O&B is about 40% shorter in distance. I used the same road at similar effort, and the count up happens much faster than the profile setup cal ride option.

So specific questions
Q1 - does the profile setup cal ride operate differently in length and lights than a 4 second press and hold reset, several time I have seen the same difference, its repeatable and consistent using same road and intensity ride

Q2 - At what time is check calibration is software the correct thing to do. Every time i do a cal ride and then a longer O&B i tend to get perhaps 25% higher power after check calibration. Is the normal cal ride reliable, or should a longer O&B typically be used for a better accuracy all the time?

Q3. The guidelines are not to do cal rides in strong winds....so what is too strong wind to do a calibration of any sort?, and why, if the wind sensor detects the wind strength, is this it a problem? I typically am seeing a value around 1.4-1.6

Q4 - Between the first cal ride and a O&B ride later on, the software said the tilt was 0.7 degrees and then 1.5 degrees, is difference in value minor, , powerpod was locked rock solid and not moved between rides.

Q5. When we have a profile that is showing 1.00 for wind scaling is this indicative of an error in calibration, or do all calibration rides give this result and only check calibration modify the setting?

Q6. Do I always needs to see a _calride_ file to know a calibration has been done, or when we do the 4 second press and hold reset, no file is generated? I

Q7. Everyday one 0km ride file is generated in the powerpod, but never downloads and disappears after good rides are downloaded & cleared from the meory, what is this?

Attached the calride where the count up stalled (i think its right) and the longer O&B used for check calibration
Attachments
08_26_2019_0509_2_km.ibr
(21.72 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
08_26_2019_1534_5_km.ibr
(47.14 KiB) Downloaded 289 times