Unstable ride

Wobblydrow

Unstable ride

Post by Wobblydrow »

Hi

Just as I thought i was getting settles with my powerpod I had a terrible experience today.

Started off on a bike and paired sensr first, no issue, then garmin, but still the slop / cda not showing on the garmin even after reboot

I thought that the numbers looked bad on the ride to start with, way way too high, then four times in the first hour or so the unit started to read zero watts for several minutes and then start again, but displaying 500+ watts instead of the expected 150-200 until the auto calibration kicked in. Still no cda/slope showing on the garmin. Eventually the zero power loss disappeared and eventually my cadence sensor died ( flat battery i guess), but power came back down, but still i reckon 30-50% higher than expected, my typical power on the flat would be ~150-170w, whereas even drafting was showing 200+. The average normalised power for the 96km ride was 370, should have been around 150-180. The profile is correct for the bike

We stops for a few minutes and then as soon as we started again the power jumped to an impossible 1000w+ for several minutes, when still riding on the flat. eventually the auto cal kicked in again.Only after we had a further stop for 15 minutes did the unit start to give a power that was around my realistic numbers (250w on a climb, 100-150w on the flat).

Any ideas? , could the loss of a cadence sensor cause the power output to change by by disrupting the signal ? i find the only time i can get the wind and slope to display is right after doing a calibration, each time just turning my garmin on it never displays, no matter how many times i reboot

Was a dry day, using a garmin speed sensor, only a couple of months old. mounted in a rigid mount not moving.
Attachments
08_17_2019_0629_96_km.ibr
(623.8 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Unstable ride

Post by Velocomp »

Your PP is not securely fastened to the mount and is rotating. This happened multiple times up until mile 34 of the ride (look at the slope plot).

Tighten PP so that it cannot rotate and you will be OK.

I don't know why your cadence sensor stopped working.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 7.04.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 7.04.02 AM.png (40.86 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
John Hamann