PP showing 0 Watts on wahoo elemnt bolt

jamball

PP showing 0 Watts on wahoo elemnt bolt

Post by jamball »

I've just completed day 1 of a 4 day sportive and frustratingly my powerpod stopped working after about 60km. Not for the first time.

After a stop, I turn the pp back on and the wahoo shows 0 Watts. I try resetting it, I try repairing it with sensors, I replaced the batteries in the speed and cadence sensors and I even reapplied the working profile on isaac. But still it shows 0 Watts.

In the wahoo app, the power meter shows as disconnected. I delete it and re add it. It tries to connect and shows only as disconnected. See attachment.

How do I resolve this issue?? It works for a bit and then stops.

Screenshot_20190808-181909_ELEMNT.jpg
Screenshot_20190808-181909_ELEMNT.jpg (34.2 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PP showing 0 Watts on wahoo elemnt bolt

Post by Velocomp »

When you stop for a break, after about 20 minutes PP will turn itself off.

Before reawakening PP, spin the speed sensor of your bike (to reawaken it). Then, reawaken PP. Look at its light: if it pairs to your speed sensor it will show solid green. (If it flashes green only, then it hasn't paired to your speed sensor).

Whenever PP shows solid green, it is transmitting power data. So, your Wahoo should see PP sensor. If it does not, then restart your Wahoo.

I'm not sure what state your PP is in right now, because you have re-paired it. If so you'll need to do a new cal ride (or reinstall a valid profile).
John Hamann
macrophotog

Re: PP showing 0 Watts on wahoo elemnt bolt

Post by macrophotog »

My new PowerPod v3 seems to turn itself off when I break for less than 5 minutes (certainly not the 20 minutes mentioned above). Is there a way to fix this? And turning it back on once I'm riding only leads to all kinds of issues - including yesterday's ride that ended up recording 1 ride as 4 or 5 different rides and even tried recalibrating my unit.