Not a good experience so far

nnickol

Not a good experience so far

Post by nnickol »

I recently purchased a Powerpod V2 which I had to return and have replaced due to technical issues. After calibrating it and going for a ride I noticed very erratic readings. I had read all the recommendations and had it positioned on my handlebar with no obstructions in front of it. The unit connected to my speed sensor which is on my front wheel and is working correctly. But my power readings were jumping all over the place on a ride on a level road with no change in my pedalling or effort. I returned the unit and had it replaced. My replacement arrived and I went through the process again. I set it up with my profile, did the calibration and went for a ride. everything looked good. The next day I went for another ride. I was getting zero power, the lights just kept flashing red/green for 30-40 minutes and eventually went out. at home I plugged it in to my laptop eventually saw that my profile was gone. I set it up again and went out for another ride. I calibrated the unit again and all looked good on the ride. At some point the unit just stopped working. No readings, no lights. Pressing the button did nothing. At home I connected it to my laptop and nothing. Not recognized, not charging, no lights, nothing. I now own what appears to be a dead unit.

I’m now zero for two and am not sure I want to try a third one. Any advice here on what the problem could be?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Not a good experience so far

Post by Velocomp »

I'm sorry you're having problems.

Flashing red/green means that your unit is waiting to start a calibration ride. Did you click the button to start the ride? If so, you should have seen the button flash yellow.

Try resetting your unit by press-holding the button for about 12 seconds. You should see the light flash, indicating a successful reboot. Release the button. If that works connect your device to Isaac and try downloading a ride file. Post it here.
John Hamann
nnickol

Post by nnickol »

As I wrote in the post, it does not come on, does not charge, nothing. No lights, no button pressing brings it around.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.

Something is not right but we will make it right. Again, I am really sorry you've had these problems.
John Hamann