PowerPod V3 transmits slope and wind too!

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

PowerPod V3 transmits slope and wind too!

Post by Velocomp »

If you own a PowerPod V3, and you have a Connect IQ-compatible Garmin bike computer, you can install and use our app to display "live" slope and wind speed transmitted by your PowerPod!

Download the "AeroPod_ConnectIQ_0731.19" instructions that tell you how to install and use our app:

https://velocompforum.com//viewtopic.php?f=98&t=4765
John Hamann
Biff

Re: PowerPod V3 transmits slope and wind too!

Post by Biff »

Please excuse what is likely a dumb question but isn't slope the same thing as incline or whatever my Garmin calls it and displays?
In other words, for me with a modern garmin that has a barometric sensor for altitude, the slope ability of V3 is redundant, no?

Can a V3 be upgraded via software to display cDa?

thanks,

Biff
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Slope data from any baro-based sensor is always slow, and always approximate (at best). You'll find a substantial time lag on your Garmin; it will take a good 5-10 seconds to report slope changes, and its readings won't be terribly accurate.

In contrast, PowerPod slope data is instantaneous and accurate, because it is based on accelerometer measurements.

CdA software upgrade from V3 to AeroPod is not available at this time.
John Hamann
Jay A

Post by Jay A »

Will this feature be coming to the wahoo elemnt series as well?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Jay A wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:24 pm Will this feature be coming to the wahoo elemnt series as well?
Yes, as soon as ANT issues a final CdA protocol, after which we believe Wahoo will implement CdA on its devices.
John Hamann
Wobblydrow

Post by Wobblydrow »

I still can't get this to display except directly after a cal ride (on garmin 530). I have tried rebooting multiple times after first connecting to powerpod, change from Bluetooth the Ant connection and back again, none of which works.

Any ideas where to go next?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Wobblydrow wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:13 pm I still can't get this to display except directly after a cal ride (on garmin 530). I have tried rebooting multiple times after first connecting to powerpod, change from Bluetooth the Ant connection and back again, none of which works.

Any ideas where to go next?
1) Delete the CdA screen from your 530

2) Wake up your sensors

3) Pair PP to sensors

4) Pair PP to Garmin

5) Re-create the CdA screen on your 530

Hopefully this will work
John Hamann