PP v3 pairing

Parallelfish

PP v3 pairing

Post by Parallelfish »

I have been unable to pair the PP v3 with the ELEMNT Bolt via ANT+.

Using the user app I was able to pair via BlueTooth. Normally one would turn on a sensor, and have the Bolt search for the sensor signal. The Bolt never finds the v3 signal, so I have had to resort to adding the v3 via the Wahoo user app.

Should I be able to pair via ANT+?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PP v3 pairing

Post by Velocomp »

You must pair V3 is to an ANT+ speed sensor (pairing indicated by solid yellow or solid green light) prior to pairing to your Wahoo. V3 won't send its power signal until it has been paired.
John Hamann
Parallelfish

Post by Parallelfish »

John,

The PP is paired with two different speed sensors and a HRM.

Might this again be related having paired the sensors via profile transfer from the previous unit rather than pairing directly?

Update - Just paired directly to a third speed and cadence sensor. Got the yellow light. Then attempted to pair to the Bolt. Never found the PP signal. Went back to the app, and it paired via Bluetooth, just like before.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you've set up your V3 with an older profile, I'd try a new pairing from V3 directly.

PP transmits both in ANT+ and BLE formats; it does not "know" what is receiving the signal.

I have read on other forums that when a bike computer can receive both ANT+ and BLE signals, the bike computer can become confused. This appears to be a known problem with Garmin.

I would contact Wahoo to see if they have any advice.
John Hamann
Parallelfish

Post by Parallelfish »

Per my update to my previous post, I paired directly to a third sensor with the same results. I have asked Wahoo concerning this and of course they said to contact you.

The sensors paired are ANT+/Bluetooth and paired without issue.

Just attempted to pair with my old Edge 500. No dice! Is there a way to confirm the unit is transmitting the ANT+ signal?
Parallelfish

Post by Parallelfish »

John,

Success!

Deleted the third sensor and repeated pairing the sensor. Then immediately paired to the Bolt while the yellow light was still on. Believe previously I had cycled the PP off and on before attempting to pair.