Powerpod has stopped working

stevepmoore

Powerpod has stopped working

Post by stevepmoore »

I turned on my Powerpod this morning (green light) as normal and started my ride, After a few minutes (completion of the beginning of the ride calibration) instead of getting normal readings I got zero watts. I also noticed that the device had a solid red light. I assumed (I now think wrongly) that the battery was low (although I didn't get the normal 'battery low message appear on my Garmin). The red light stayed on for the entire 2 hours plus of my ride and for a short while after I had finished.
I have just tried to charge the device and it is unresponsive. Nothing happens (no lights) when I press the button. When I connect to the usb port to charge it I get a solid red light which turns off as soon as I disconnect it. I cannot connect to it in Issac at all.
Hard resetting when both connected and disconnected from the charging cable doesn't make any difference.
Any ideas?

This is my third device since I brought my original Powerpod in March 2018. Since then I have had 2 warranty replacements. This current one was received in March of this year.

Steve
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod has stopped working

Post by Velocomp »

Wow, I am sorry to hear you've had this problem.

If your hard reset (press-hold for 12 seconds, then release) was unsuccessful you will need to return your unit to us. I know that sucks but I don't know what else to recommend. I will personally look at your unit once it is received. This should not be happening.
John Hamann
stevepmoore

Post by stevepmoore »

My Powerpod V3 has stopped working. A couple of weeks ago nothing happened when I pressed the button, so I thought maybe the battery was dead and for some reason Garmin hadn't given me the normal low battery warning.
I plugged it in to charge it and got the normal flashing green light followed by flashing red light (and could access - download rides in Issac), so left it to charge. I put it back on my bike for my ride home, pressed the button and nothing, no flashing light and Garmin couldn't see it.
I charged it again when I got home (noticed that the flashing red charging light only lasted about 10 seconds) and left it to charge for about 4 hours. When I disconnected it I pressed the button to check and the flashing green light came on - success. I put it back on the bike ready for my morning commute. The next morning, pressed the button and nothing, no lights and Garmin wouldn't see it.
Repeated the charging process etc. when I got into work and that evening when I pressed the button it worked fine. The rest of the week it worked with no issues.
Yesterday morning (Monday), pressed the button and nothing. I put it on charge again during the day (green flashing light, followed by red flashing light - but only for about 10 secs), but in the evening when I pressed the button, nothing. I left it on charge overnight this time and when I pressed the button this morning, nothing.
I can see and access it in Issac with no problems, but don't know if it is an issue with the battery not holding a charge, the button not working or something else. I have tried resetting it by holding the button (but can only do this when it is connected to the usb) - but that doesn't seem to work
This is my FOURTH warranty replacement ion 2 years. Please can you advise.

Steve
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yikes, that is no good and I'm so sorry you have had problems.

It sounds like there is a problem with the button mechanism. We will need to replace your unit, so please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com

Also, when you actually send in your unit please email me at jhamann@velocomp.com. I will look at it personally and see if there is something we need to change.
John Hamann