Strange Behavior

Flat4

Strange Behavior

Post by Flat4 »

Hi, my powerpod has become erratic recently. I performed a hard reset and then and out and back ride. One the next ride it recorded a very low power. The 20 minute power was 71W. I"m recovering from an illness, so my power is really down. But I expected the 20 minute power to be more like 150W. Aside from the obvious hills at each end of the ride, the flat land is one large flood plain, so the spikes of steep climbs in the middle of the ride are odd.

I've attached the ride file - this is the 50KM one.

Next ride it kept cutting out and I needed to re-press the button to start it again. But When I reviewed the ride files it filled in below the wind line with blue shading - as if it was the strongest wind ever. There wasn't much wind that ride. The readings were odd all ride. Particularly the section between 9.5 and 10KM where the cadence was 80-100, speed was rising and the power was 0W. This is in the 17KM ride file attached.

Please advise.

Steve
Attachments
iBike_07_16_2019_1854_17_km_HiDef.ibr
(392.98 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
iBike_07_15_2019_1526_50_km_HiDef.ibr
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Strange Behavior

Post by Velocomp »

Your 50KM ride shows lots of speed sensor dropouts. These are the source of all your watts problems; they are causing huge slope spikes. I would replace the battery in your speed sensor.
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 6.51.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 6.51.00 AM.png (163.3 KiB) Viewed 2080 times
I checked a few sections of the ride where speed signals were normal. Your watts were normal, too. I think 150W is too high an objective right now, given the speeds you are traveling (that's OK...)

Your second ride file shows a blocked wind sensor. Were you riding in rainy conditions? Make sure your wind port is clear.

Please post another file once you have the speed sensor issue sorted.
John Hamann
Flat4

Post by Flat4 »

Thanks John, I'll give the battery a go. It's new-ish (Garmin magnetless on the front wheel), but could have been sitting on the shelf a while. These things happen.

Steve
Flat4

Post by Flat4 »

I've replaced the battery in my speed sensor and forced a re-pair by holding the power button for 4 sec. I'm not sure if this was necessary. After pairing it flashed red & green for a O&B ride. At the start of my ride today I performed the O&B ride and everything seemed fine. Shortly afterwards the light became solid red, but the power was displaying believable numbers. Next think I new the power was showing crazy numbers, which seemed to be increasing by 1 every second, but would drop to 0W when i stopped. See pic. I ended the ride on over 60,000W after 90 minutes. At this time it was flashing red & greed again, so I tried another O&B, but the power was at 0W when i was stationary a constant 50W if I was moving. It might have been flashing orange at this time, but I forget - it was certainly flashing something.

The ride file was empty.
iBike_07_18_2019_1344_0_km_HiDef.ibr
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Attachments
50 Thousand Watts of Power.jpg
50 Thousand Watts of Power.jpg (103.25 KiB) Viewed 2036 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Press-hold your PP button for 12 seconds. It will flash after a few seconds. Continue holding until the light goes out, then starts blinking again. Release.

This does a hard reset of the device; hopefully that will take care of things.
John Hamann