V3 vs Aeropod upgrades ?

speedyvelo

V3 vs Aeropod upgrades ?

Post by speedyvelo »

1. What is the pitot tube for?

2. If you do not use a DFPM is any difference between aeropod and V3?

3. Where do you see slope/wind/ etc that the PP/aeropod produce, phone only? or I can see it in my head unit (Garmin 830)?

4. Upgrade; if you send a PP working do I get 30% discount V3/aeropod? I have 2 PP and I need to decide if I will upgrade both or only one.

5. My PP had both PowerStroke and GPS tracking. In one of the messages I saw both can be transfer to the new V3/aeropod correct?

I tried to decided if it is worth to upgrade now, the present PP is working great. I do have a garmin V3 but I used it to adjust the calibration to the PP and nothing else. I do not want to use the phone as a head unit, I will keep it in my pocket.
Thank you

=terry=-
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: V3 vs Aeropod upgrades ?

Post by Velocomp »

1) Pitot tube is for CdA measurement. It also provides an extra measure of performance for riders who frequently do long rides in the rain.

2) V3 lacks pitot tube and CdA measurement features. Otherwise it has the same features as AeroPod.

3) You see slope/wind etc. on Garmin device with our Connect IQ app.

4) Yes

5) No. Upgrades are device specific and aren't transferred. But, you get 30% off on upgrades if you're trading in an old unit.
John Hamann
Parallelfish

Post by Parallelfish »

Answer #5 would seem to be counter a previous response regarding the need to repurchase PowerStroke:

“If you already own PowerStroke on a prior Velocomp device, then no. Just include that information in your notes.”
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Parallelfish wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:15 am Answer #5 would seem to be counter a previous response regarding the need to repurchase PowerStroke:

“If you already own PowerStroke on a prior Velocomp device, then no. Just include that information in your notes.”
Sorry, this was intended to be a limited time offer, valid through June 30 2019.

In general, upgrades are tied to specific units. For warranty replacements we restore upgrades without charge, of course.
John Hamann
Parallelfish

Post by Parallelfish »

Velocomp wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:53 am
Parallelfish wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:15 am Answer #5 would seem to be counter a previous response regarding the need to repurchase PowerStroke:

Sorry, this was intended to be a limited time offer, valid through June 30 2019.

In general, upgrades are tied to specific units. For warranty replacements we restore upgrades without charge, of course.
The use of past tense here is a bit confusing. Would it be correct to rephrase as “Upgrades will be restored without charge if the new unit is purchased prior to July 1”?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

That is fine!
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

John,

1. Does the IQ ap works with the Garmin Edge 830? It is not in the list.

2. "AeroPod+ power, CdA and pedal stroke meter" What is the stoke meter? It is PowerStroke correct? ..and the only way to see it is after the ride in Isaac like now correct? The use of different names make them a little confuse.

3, I have the Garmin Vector-3 x2 and despite is not in the Isaac list works perfect with the PP I have, I assume it will be the same with the aeropod correct?

This is my plan so far:
1. buy the aeropod upgrade (399 - 30%) using the link in your web site.
2. Transfer the PowerStroke and GPS tracking from my PowerPod to aeropod free of charge
3. Return one of my working powerpod to velocomp.
4, Send an email requesting the installation of PowerStroke and GPS tracking. Of course i can do it myself but iirc in one of the messages you said the velocomp will install them before shipping.

Sorry for all the questions but I am very happy with the present PP and I want to be sure the change is for better ;-)

-=terry=-
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

1. It appears that all new Garmin units are Connect IQ compatible, so yes.

2. PowerStroke is a way to measure your pedaling efficiency/economy. If "power" is how much energy you produce, then PowerStroke is how smoothly you produce it. You can read about PowerStroke here:

https://velocomp-llc.myshopify.com/prod ... ower-meter

3. Yes

4. Free feature transfer is available only until July 1 (this is a limited time promotion).
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

John,

I have just upgrade/ordered an aeropod and V3 with the transfer of PowerStroke and GPS tracking for both.
Thank you very much for the free transfer of the two pieces of software.

-=terry=-