Adding hr sensor at a later date

Denodan

Adding hr sensor at a later date

Post by Denodan »

I got my powerpod and works fine, got cadence and speed sensor added.

How do I add a hr strap sensor without having to go through the whole process and calibration stage again?

As I went on a calibration ride and realised did not pair my hr sensor.

So do you have to go through the whole process again? Or can you just add the hr chest strap without having to go through calibration stage again?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Adding hr sensor at a later date

Post by Velocomp »

If you want to try to avoid the calibration process, try this:

1) Connect your Device to Isaac.

2) Go to Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Device. This is your calibrated profile; name it "Calibrated". Click Accept to save this profile. Disconnect device from Isaac.

3) Wake up all your sensors on your bike and also your HR strap. Do a new sensor pairing, This will put your unit into calibration mode.

4) Connect your device to Isaac and go to Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Device/Wireless IDs. Call this "Uncalibrated". You will see your sensor IDs in this window, including the sensor ID and Type of your HR strap. Copy the HR sensor ID and type on a piece of paper.

5) In the Edit Profiles window, click on the Calibrated profile and select Wireless IDs. You will see your wireless IDs, with 0 for HR ID and Type.

6) In the Calibrated Wireless Window, type in the HR ID and Type ID you obtained in Step 4.

7) Click the "Send to Device" button. You will now have put back your calibrated profile with the HR strap ID.

This SHOULD work, but it is not guaranteed; sometimes the sensor ID shown in the window is not the same as the actual ID. If it works, great; if not, you'll need to repeat step 3) and then repeat the calibration ride.
John Hamann
Wobblydrow

Post by Wobblydrow »

I know my HR sensor ID, but on a recalibtration it didnt get picked up. How do i activate the HR strap when "wireless enabled" green check button cannot be activated by clicking on it, its not a on/off button but just an information button, so i can add the HR ID into the text boxes, but c?ant actually activate the wireless enabled button
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Unfortunately, you'll need to do a new calibration.

Garmin has changed its sensor ID codes to 6 or more digits. Our (older) version of Isaac displays only 4 of the digits.

Make sure your HR strap is awake before you do a sensor pairing.
John Hamann