PPV3 used with a DFPM

brantel

PPV3 used with a DFPM

Post by brantel »

John,

I have upgraded to the new PPV3 and recently picked up a dual DFPM and want to use it in combination with the PPV3.

My question is do I pair my bike computer with the DFPM or just the PPV3? Does the PPV3 retransmit all the ANT+ profiles from the DFPM if I only pair to the PPV3? Will Stuff like cadence, L/R balance, torque effectiveness, pedal Smoothness still make it to my bike computer?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PPV3 used with a DFPM

Post by Velocomp »

I would pair your bike computer to the dual DFPM. You'll get L/R metrics from the DFPM that PPV3 does not transfer. Of course, PPV3 has metrics of its own, not available from the DFPM, that you can see in Isaac.
John Hamann
brantel

Post by brantel »

I assume it is not possible to pair both the DFPM and the PPV3 to the same bike computer? In other words if I want to use the connect IQ AP to display wind speed and slope in real time from the PPV3, I will have to chose to lose the DFPM advanced metrics?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I don't know; I have not tried this.
John Hamann
brantel

Post by brantel »

Thanks John,

By the way I love the new case for the PPV3!
Much more durable look/feel as well as aerodynamic!
admiraljkb

Post by admiraljkb »

I just paired the Favero Assioma DUO pedals to my Garmin 1030 (and tried and failed to pair them to the PPV3 but different topic when I get time to look more in depth). The net result is the PPV3 in spite of being auto-disabled in the Garmin is it's still reporting data to the CIQ app. I need more time to test this more fully as I just got the pedals this week.