Cannot check calibration

albafar

Cannot check calibration

Post by albafar »

I did a few tweaks on my road bike and got a new speed sensor. So off I went to do a new calibration ride which went smooth as it should. After the calibration ride power lit up and I rode 4 laps of a large oval (former airfield runway). During the ride I noticed that everytime I came to the end of the tailwind section turning into cross/head wind the power seemed to peak without any real increase in perceived effort. This is also captured in the attached file I believe - like at km 12. What is going on here?

Additionally, back home I went to do a Check Calibration in Isaac. But after having checked that I did not draft I am prompted with the message that I should only use the function on O/B rides or closed loop rides. I even tried to cut out the closed loop section of the ride and save as a separate file but still got the same message. Please help me understand this.
Attachments
iBike_05_29_2019_1423_25_km_HiDef.ibr
(628.44 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Cannot check calibration

Post by Velocomp »

At the high power points your HR spikes upward significantly. You definitely are working harder when you go into the headwind...

I tried splitting your ride file and got the same message. Apparently Isaac can't be tricked by a truncated ride file... :-)

What is your height/weight?
John Hamann
albafar

Post by albafar »

Ok. Thanks John. I’m 189 cm and 93 kg. This bike weight is 7,5 kg
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

albafar wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:32 pm Ok. Thanks John. I’m 189 cm and 93 kg. This bike weight is 7,5 kg
It appears that everything is OK.
John Hamann
albafar

Post by albafar »

Great. Thanks!