Delay calibration, till I get to destination?

Denodan

Delay calibration, till I get to destination?

Post by Denodan »

Can I set up profile, link sensors etc, link power pod to Garmin 1030; then turn off power pod,? Then ride to were I want to start calibration? then turn on power pod then start calibration from that destination?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Delay calibration, till I get to destination?

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, that will work. Click button 5 times to turn off (solid Green/Yellow/Red, then off). At starting point click on. Light will show solid yellow, then begin flashing red/green. Click button again to begin calibration, flashing yellow.

Alternatively, you can leave PP on. Light will start flashing red/green. Ride to starting point with flashing red/green. At starting point click button, calibration begins and light flashes yellow.
John Hamann
kirbott

Post by kirbott »

Hi Denodan/Velocomp.

Did this method work for you? I am frustrated with my PP right now. Ever since my firmware upgrade, I haven't been able to use my Powerpod. It worked flawlessly up until then. After the firmware upgrade my Powerpod only displays solid yellow. I have tried to recalibrate it at least a dozen times unsuccessfully. I have gone as far as to set everything back to factory reset, and repair sensors. I can get through the original calibration ride (where watts show progressively counting up from one to hundred). But when I try to set up "best accuracy" with Isaac, I can't get into the out and back calibration ride. This is what I've been doing.

After sending the new profile from Isaac to the PP I:

1) wake up the sensors on the bike
2) a solid yellow light comes on when I press the PP buttton
3) I ride to where I want to start the O&B ride, but the yellow light remains solid and the watts showing on my garmin count up from 1 to 100 again
4) If I try to repair the sensors at this point, I get flashing green, four red flashes, flashing green (for separate cadence sensor), and then solid green. If I push the button again at this point, I get the solid yellow that remains. If I keep riding at this point, the watts count up from 1 to 100 again and then the switches to completely random power numbers (vacillating between 0 and 300 watts while pedalling at a steady pace).

Not sure what's going on here. It seems like calibration should be a lot more straightforward than this. Any help would be much appreciated.
Denodan

Post by Denodan »

Yes did the second method, was flashing red/green, got to my destination the pressed the button and started the calibration
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kirbott wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:08 pm Hi Denodan/Velocomp.

Did this method work for you? I am frustrated with my PP right now. Ever since my firmware upgrade, I haven't been able to use my Powerpod. It worked flawlessly up until then. After the firmware upgrade my Powerpod only displays solid yellow. I have tried to recalibrate it at least a dozen times unsuccessfully. I have gone as far as to set everything back to factory reset, and repair sensors. I can get through the original calibration ride (where watts show progressively counting up from one to hundred). But when I try to set up "best accuracy" with Isaac, I can't get into the out and back calibration ride. This is what I've been doing.

After sending the new profile from Isaac to the PP I:

1) wake up the sensors on the bike
2) a solid yellow light comes on when I press the PP buttton
3) I ride to where I want to start the O&B ride, but the yellow light remains solid and the watts showing on my garmin count up from 1 to 100 again
4) If I try to repair the sensors at this point, I get flashing green, four red flashes, flashing green (for separate cadence sensor), and then solid green. If I push the button again at this point, I get the solid yellow that remains. If I keep riding at this point, the watts count up from 1 to 100 again and then the switches to completely random power numbers (vacillating between 0 and 300 watts while pedalling at a steady pace).

Not sure what's going on here. It seems like calibration should be a lot more straightforward than this. Any help would be much appreciated.
Press-hold the button for about 12 seconds, until you see the light go out briefly, then turn back on. Then release the button. This does a hard reset. Try one more sensor pairing then calibration ride. Hopefully everything will work. If you have problems still then email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
Sydney Go

Post by Sydney Go »

Hi John,

Do you have to hard reset the PP every time you switch to another bike with different sensors?

Thanks,
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sydney Go wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:31 am Hi John,

Do you have to hard reset the PP every time you switch to another bike with different sensors?

Thanks,
NO! Hard-reset restarts your device's computer. You do a hard reset only if something is wrong.

Under normal circumstances you ride just a few seconds (to wake up your bike sensors), then click the button of your AP/PP device to awaken it. After a few seconds its light turns solid green, and you're off...
John Hamann