Help re setting up second bike

spangelsaregreat

Help re setting up second bike

Post by spangelsaregreat »

Hi,

I am a bit confused on how to set up a second bike on my PowerPod. I have done this previously without issue but it does not seem to be working for me this time.

As per my recent post I reset my PowerPod and set up my main bike with a new profile. That went fine in terms of setup and is giving good consistent performance.

I went to setup my CX bike today and it did not work. Here is what I did. The bike has Garmin Wireless sensors and I am using a Garmin 810 (I have four bike profiles in my Garmin). The sensors are already paired and working fine with the Garmin. The Profile for my main bike is set in Profile 1 on the PowerPod

- Using ISSAC I used the new bike setup option entering in my weight etc etc then selected best accuracy in Profile 2 on the PowerPod.
- Fitted PowerPod to my bike.
- Selected the right Profile in my Garmin for my CX bike. Checked the speed and cadence sensors were working, spinning the wheel and cranks why holding the bike up, all good and set off.
- I waited until I was well away from the house before I turned Power Pod on. I then tried to search for the PowerPod on my Garmin but it did not find it so I could not progress any further.

I am confused by the instructions online on how you set up your PowerPod with a new bike. If I set up a new Profile in ISSAC and select best accuracy at what point am I connecting the sensors to the new profile? I am assuming I am missing step in connecting the PowerPod to the new sensors and different profile on my Garmin but not clear when I do that.

I noticed when I connected the PowerPod to my PC and looked in Edit Profiles the CX profile appeared but was showing the same sensors as my main bike profile. Confused!

Can you provide idiot proof instructions on how, if you already have one working profile on the PowerPod, you set up a whole new Profile for a second bike?

Regards
spangelsaregreat

Re: Help re setting up second bike

Post by spangelsaregreat »

Slight update.

I reset profile 2 back to factory settings. I then set it as the active profile in the PowerPod and went through the initial set up procedure. I spun up the speed and cadence sensors and then pressed the PowerPod button for 4 seconds and was able to pair the sensors and then connect PowerPod to the correct profile in my Garmin.

I did a calibration ride (not a great one as it was up a path at the back of the house and PowerPod is working.

So do I now just go into ISSAC and use Setup Device , select Profile 2 and then customise it to my CX bike? I take it it will remember the sensors from this initial setup?

I didn't have my HR strap on during the above process is there a way I can now also pair it to PowerPod when I do the proper calibration.

Regards
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Help re setting up second bike

Post by Velocomp »

Here is a video we did a few years ago, showing how to set up PowerPod on a second bike:

https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3568

Yes, when you use Isaac PowerPod will remember the wireless IDs you have paired.

However, if you want to add your HR strap you'll need to do a new sensor pairing, then a new 5 minute calibration ride.
John Hamann