Sensors not paired with my powerpod

wonjung kang

Sensors not paired with my powerpod

Post by wonjung kang »

Hi! i am korean triathele wonjung kang.

i was buy powerpod one weeks ago.

but, i can't use it until now....

there is pairing problem with my powerpod.

i using wahoo magnetless ble/ant+ speed sensor, magene ble/ant+ cadence sensor

1. i ensure both sensors are awaken

2. push pp button 4sec, and pp flash green for pairing

3. after few second, flash red 4 times that mean pp paired with cadence sensor,

4. but......still flash green.......i never ever see solid yellow light

5. so, i connect pc and check isaac program

6. i check the profile1. there is speed sensor and cadence sensor both enable even serial name is correct!!!!

7. that mean pp already paired with speed&cadence sensors, i could cal riding??

8. but push pp botton, it's solid red light!, not solid yellow!!!!

9. and than, i tried more times.....sometimes flash green light;;;;that mean there is no paired cadence sensor.....huh?

10. for cal riding, i must check soild yellow light, but i never see that......

isaac and pp firmware both recentest version,

already tried factory reset twice.....problem is not changed

also, i tired install on my bike, and do same step......problem is not changed

i think this is product problem.........what should i do????

i upload video for explain problem

https://youtu.be/eTI5mIW3SIk
Attachments
sensors are enable on isaac, check serial name
sensors are enable on isaac, check serial name
speed&cadence sonsor enable.jpg (157.8 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
ant+ sensor serial name
ant+ sensor serial name
ant+sensor serial name.jpg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
both seonsors are ant+ possible
both seonsors are ant+ possible
both sensors are ant+.jpg (85.8 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Sensors not paired with my powerpod

Post by Velocomp »

It looks to me like you have TWO speed sensors, both of which are "on" (speed sensor icon is shown in your smartphone app):

Wahoo "24605"
SCR "2069"

It looks to me like your Gemini sensor (ID 2069), which you say is a cadence sensor, is transmitting as a speed sensor. Make 100% sure the Gemini is set up as a cadence sensor (red).

You can also do the following:

0) Pair your speed and cadence sensors to your bike computer. Spin the wheel and crank, and confirm on your bike computer that the speed and cadence sensors are working properly.

1) Reset PP: press-hold the PP button for about 12 seconds. The light will start flashing after about 4 seconds. Continue to hold the button until the light goes out for a moment, then starts flashing again. Release the button. This does a hard-reset of the unit.

2) Remove the battery from your speed sensor. Put the battery, BACKWARDS, into the sensor for just a moment. This does a reset of the speed sensor. Remove the battery and replace the battery normally.

3) Make sure your cadence sensor is awake and is configured as a cadence sensor.

4) Pair your speed and cadence sensors to your bike computer. Then, spin the wheel and crank and confirm, on your bike computer, that you are seeing speed and cadence readings.

5) Do a new PP sensor pairing (press-hold button for 4 seconds, until light flashes, then release button). You should see red flash 3 times (cadence paired) then solid green (speed sensor paired).

Hopefully this will fix things. Let us know!
John Hamann
wonjung kang

Post by wonjung kang »

long time no see velocomp

it was a little busy my last weekend

so, i was followed your advise

0) ensure my sensors works well

1) hard reset

3) sensors battery off and turn on again

4) pairing again

but i can't see solid yellow light until now......

it always show me solid red light everyday :(

i think it is obiously bad product that yellow led is broken

so i can't cal riding still now......

i really want refund this powerpod

here is my video that following your advise

https://youtu.be/aQjVsVOJAlk
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I watched your excellent video. It is great that you followed the instructions properly. You did everything as asked. But you also did something that was not requested, and here there was a mistake... :D

During the pairing process you saw your light flash red three times...that is PowerPod finding your cadence sensor.

At the end of the pairing process your sensor light turned solid green, meaning that the speed sensor then is connected to PowerPod.

So, your PowerPod definitely paired to your sensors.

Afterwards you connect PowerPod to Isaac (also correct).

You then go to Edit/Edit Profiles (correct also)...but here you make a mistake. You immediately go to Wireless IDs tab, and see zeroes for the sensors, which would suggest that PowerPod did not find the sensors.

The reason you are seeing zeroes is because, after connecting PowerPod to Isaac, you did not update the profile in Isaac after performing the pairing process! Please note that I did not ask you to do this step; I was not aware you were doing this. I do congratulate you for taking the initiative, however!

Do the following:

1) connect PowerPod to Isaac
2) Go to Edit/Edit Profiles
3) Click the "Extract from Device" button
4) Click the Wireless IDs tab. You should see your wireless IDs (unless you erased them; if so, do another sensor pairing and then follow these same steps)

If you see the IDs then your PowerPod is definitely paired.

Now, to the "red light" problem!

What happens is that, after a successful sensor pairing, PowerPod light is supposed to turn yellow. In fact, "yellow" is a combination of the Red and Green LED lights inside of PowerPod--both LEDs are turned on. I suspect there is an imbalance of Red and Green light intensity. In some PowerPods the Red LED is much brighter than the Green LED, so sometimes the light will still look quite red even when the green LED is on.

Here is how to verify that your PowerPod is working correctly for the calibration.

1) Using the above steps, confirm that PowerPod has wireless IDs stored in it.
2) Disconnect PowerPod from Isaac
3) Start wiggling your speed sensor. Confirm that your bike computer shows speed.
4) CONTINUE WIGGLING THE SPEED SENSOR, for about 20 seconds.
5) After about 10 seconds of sensor wiggling your PowerPod should do one of two things:
A. The light starts flashing alternating red/green
B. The light starts flashing yellow (or possibly, for you, flashing reddish)

Which one of the two alternatives happens will depend on your firmware version.

In either case, if you get one of the two above conditions, your PowerPod is working properly for the calibration phase

Please post the serial number and firmware version of your PowerPod, and the result of your "wiggling" experiment (red/green or yellow).

Once we have your response we will provide steps to fix any LED problem
John Hamann