A few Basic questions about PP.

Stephen45

A few Basic questions about PP.

Post by Stephen45 »

Hello My name is Stephen,

and I just recently started using the PP a few days ago. I have a few basic questions that I wanted to ask.
Do I have to do a Calibration ride each time I use my PP? I did a calibration ride this past Saturday morning and everything went fairly smooth. Then a few hrs later I went to a near by Mountain to do an 20 min FTP test. I turned on the unit, and it paired with my sensors, and then it seemed like it went directly into the O and B Calibration phase again. Is this normal or did I hit the button too many times? I'm still trying to get used to this unit. Also what will happen if I'm going on a several hr ride, and I stop at a convenience store for 10 -15 minutes. Then start riding again. Will the pp go into " Sleep mode"? How do I wake it up? Will I have to calibrate it again?

Thanks for the help, Stephen
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: A few Basic questions about PP.

Post by Velocomp »

1) No. You do not have to do a calibration ride each time you use PP. Calibration data is memorized in the PP profile.

2) You do NOT have to pair with sensors each time you use PP. Sensor IDs are memorized in the profile. What happened is that, after you did a new sensor pairing, calibration is forced. So, after you did a new sensor pairing your unit went into calibration mode. So, do a sensor pairing ONE TIME, then a calibration ride, then DO NOT PAIR again!

3) When you stop for a while PP will go to sleep. Spin your front wheel to awaken your speed sensor, then click PP button to reawaken it. All is well.

4) You do NOT have to recalibrate PP each time you reawaken it! PP remembers your calibration data. When you see the solid green light...just ride!
John Hamann
Stephen45

Re: A few Basic questions about PP.

Post by Stephen45 »

I appreciate the help.
Thanks, John.