PaulK32

PowerPod no data-file after ride

Post by PaulK32 »

PowerPod FW 6.41 (BLE, PowerStroke)
Profile 1 trainer-bike on Tacx T1850
Profile 2 empty
Profile 3 road-bike
Profile 4 MTB

Till last week I used the the same speed- and cadanssensors on my road-bike and on my bike on the tacx-trainer. Where the profile for the roadbike was Profile1 and for the bike on the trainer Profile 3.
Worked fine since januari 2018.

I have now an extra new set of speed- and cadanssensor (Garmin 2.0) and put these on my bike on the Tacx-trainer. The other set stays on the road-bike. MTB had always an own set of sensors.

I placed the profile for the trainer-bike on Profile1 and for the road-bike on Profile3. The last ride on my road-bike the PowerPod did a "Cal-ride", which gave 2 separate data-files on the PowerPod.

The last 2 rides on the trainer-bike I had the power-data on my Garmin 800. It is also included in these Garmin .fit files. But on the PowerPod there is no data-file.

What did I do wrong ? What can I do better ?

(At this moment there is snow, so I did not do a new Cal-ride on roadbike or MTB.)

Regards,
Paul
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod no data-file after ride

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like PP is transmitting power to your Garmin--a good thing.

I would do a hard reset of your PP (Press-hold button for 12 seconds, until light goes out momentarily and then starts flashing. Release button)

I would also check to be sure your ride memory is not full.
John Hamann
PaulK32

Post by PaulK32 »

Thanx John, fast as ever.

There is not a single file in the internal memory.

I did do a hard-rest 12 seconds. I saw green light flashing, short a red light, green light flashing 4 times and then there was no light.

I have set the powercurve and Trainer-mode On. Ok, to do a trainer-ride tormorrow ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, give it a try.
John Hamann
kq6up

Post by kq6up »

I have fixed this strangely by putting the PP in trainer mode, then taking it back out. Try it. I don't know why this works, but it has fixed this issue a couple of times for me.

Regards,
Chris Maness
PaulK32

Post by PaulK32 »

This morning I did a 10 minute test ride on the trainer-bike. The power-data was shown on the Garmin 800, but I could not get the PowerPod connected to the (Win10) PC.

I went outside and put the devices on the mtb. Short ride in the snow, the power-data was shown on the Garmin 800. But I could see that is was "trainer-curve" data. Not from the MTB-profile.

Inside I could not get the PowerPod connected to the PC. I did have a look in this forum, because I had earlier (october 2018) this same issue. I found a short note on my pc, what I did the last time, and what solved for me the issue.

I had then the problem that there was no "automated switch" to another profile from my trainer-profile (with Trainer On). And that I could not get the PowerPod connected to Isaac on the PC. Last time I did a new install for NI-VISA. The same time I had an update from Java/Oracle and this forced a reboot. After that reboot the PowerPod did connect in Isaac.

This afternoon there was a message for an Java/Oracle update. I did a new installe for NI-VISA and the Java/Oracle update and the reboot. It worked. I don't think these aspect have someting to do with the issue, but for me it was nice that it os working now. I downloaded the 3 files and gave them the right date/time. After that I used my time "on the bike".

Also just a pc-user problem ....
Thank you for your support and options.
Paul
XSquid

Post by XSquid »

It appears that you found the solution to your problem and since mine is similar I thought that I might add on. I have never had a file saved on my Powerpod while in trainer mode.

I see that you m nation a separate profile when on the trainer and I do not have that, could this be the problem? I only have a single profile for my single bike and switch to trainer mode on when riding indoors.

My power data also does show up on my Garmin, and my device is not full of files.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
PaulK32

Post by PaulK32 »

Good Afternoon Jim,

Yes, I use 1 of the 4 positions in the PowerPod for the rides on the "trainer".
I also have a separate bike-profile in my Garmin Edge800 for this "combination" (bike on trainer).
I do this because I use a separate bike on the trainer, till end 2018 I used the speed- and cadanssensor from my roadbike and placed these every time from bike-to-bike, also same sensors in profiles. I have now a separate set of sensors for my bikes.

On your Garmin: set the bike-profile for the trainer. Note; not all Garmins use bike-profiles, then make sure the sensors are in the Garmin.

When you use your bike on the road and also on the trainer and you use the same sensors (heartrate, cadans, speed, PowerPod), then you can make an extra profile. This one you use for the rides on the trainer.
In Isaac:
* make a copy of your bike-profile
* give that profile a different name
* set in the device another postion as active (if bike profile is in the PowerPod on 1, then use 3 or 4)
* you set this profile as actieve profile
* you push this profile to the device (PowerPod)
* you select the powercurve for the trainer and push this to the device
* you set Trainer-mode On.

Bike on the trainer, do some pedalling to wake the sensors. A speed-sensor must be active for the PowerPod to work. Check on your Garmin if the sensors work. Then push the PowerPod button and see if power-data comes on the Garmin.

I use these different bike-profiles just because I find it easier for me, and the bike-totals are better to follow for me.

But all this is not necessary, it will work for you with one bike/one profile and using Trainer On/Trainer Off !

Succes and have good rides.
Paul
XSquid

Post by XSquid »

Thanks for the information Paul, I will give that a try. One additional question. After a trainer ride, do you find ride files to download on the PowerPod? I get consisten5 data from the PP to m6 Garmin durin* trainer rides, but t there has never been a file to download.

Thanks,
Jim
PaulK32

Post by PaulK32 »

Sorry for the late answer Jim.

Yes, for every ride I make, I get a ride on the PowerPod which I can download. So also for a trainer-ride.

I can remember that I once had that situation. I did the trainer-ride, I had power-data showed on the Garmin. But in the end there was no file on the PowerPod. The next ride on the road there was an "automated calibration" and everything worked normal. So I have no option to repeate this situation and have a solution.

Paul
gjack88

Post by gjack88 »

So what am I doing wrong.. Up loaded my profile, weight of me and bike Sent to the power pod but no file recorded. There's no files on device of any sort

Though my garmin recorded my activey
This is wrecking my head I'm sure it's something simple
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann