Issues with Repaired PowerPod

stevepmoore

Issues with Repaired PowerPod

Post by stevepmoore »

I received my repaired PowerPod back last Friday. I am assuming that I have been sent a refurbished PowerPod as a warranty replacement as the PowerPod I received was not my original PowerPod?
Since refitting and re-calibrating this PowerPod I have been experiencing issues whereby the readings drop down to 0w (sometimes for up to 30 seconds) before gradually climbing back up to (what I assume) are the correct readings. This happens on the flat or inclines so not related to elevation.
My calibration ride was done in windy condition so after my initial ride I tweaked the Profile wind scale factor back to my original (pre- warranty replacement) wind scale factor. I assume that this will not cause 'drop-out' issues.
I have attached 3 recent files for reference. Part of the attached is stop-start riding in traffic, however there are several miles on the attached whereby my ride is completely uninterrupted by traffic which will give better idea of the issue.
Please can you review the attached and advise.nb, There are no physical obstructions to the windport that could be responsible.
Thanks for any help in advance,
Steve
Attachments
iBike_01_21_2019_1831_19_Miles.ibr
(218.78 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Issues with Repaired PowerPod

Post by Velocomp »

Only 1 file was attached. Please attach the others.

If you have an older file, from before your PP was repaired, please attach that too, and mark it so we will know!
John Hamann
stevepmoore

Post by stevepmoore »

John,

Apologies, I must have unattached 2 of the files between Preview and Posting.
Attached are the 2 other files plus a Pre-Repair file. I am not sure how much help the pre-repair file will be as it is a) A different PowerPod to my original and b) A different bike - as I am now using my winter bike. I am afraid that I don't have any pre-existing files for my winter bike as I had already put it away last year for the summer before I bought the PowerPod.

Thank you,

Stephen
Attachments
iBike_01_22_2019_1801_18_Miles.ibr
(216.22 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
stevepmoore

Post by stevepmoore »

Ok, for some reason I can only attach one file at a time, so will attach the others in separate posts.
Attachments
PRE-REPAIR-iBike_11_18_2018_0637_51_Miles.ibr
(514.19 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Last edited by stevepmoore on Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevepmoore

Post by stevepmoore »

.........and finally.
Attachments
iBike_01_22_2019_0804_12_Miles.ibr
(140.08 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I'm really sorry to say this, but it appears that your PP was not calibrated correctly at the factory. You will need to return it to us for recalibration. Please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
stevepmoore

Post by stevepmoore »

Not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks John.
I'll email them now.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

stevepmoore wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:43 am Not what I was hoping to hear, but thanks John.
I'll email them now.
Yeah, we are really sorry too.
John Hamann