Powerpod recalibration

kirbott

Powerpod recalibration

Post by kirbott »

Hi. Recently I had to reposition the powerpod mount on my bike after transporting the bike in the back of my van. I repositioned the mount so that the powerpod name on the side of the unit is parallel with the ground. I suspect that the new angle of the mount is slightly different from where it was for rides prior to the repositioning. I've noticed that the power readings are radically different in my first ride after the repositioning than before. (e.g., same segment of a ride at a slightly higher pace is 75 watts less than on previous ride). Should the Powerpod not be recalibrating itself (after 8 minutes) in such a case (the ride was and hour and a half) ? How can I fix this problem? Should I setup the Powerpod all over again?

Thanks for any response in advance.
kq6up

Re: Powerpod recalibration

Post by kq6up »

The wind scaling factor could be off because the wind port is now oriented differently. I would try a recalibrate. The PP recalls itself for angle automatically if the unit is angled within a certain range. However, that process only takes 80s I believe.

Regards,
Chris Maness
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Tilt sensor recalibrates itself in 90 seconds (assuming you're running current firmware).

Post a ride file and we will take a look.
John Hamann
kirbott

Post by kirbott »

Thanks. When I get to my computer, I'll post a ride from file from immediately before the reposition and one from immediately after.