FAQ? How to tell powerpod I want to do a new calibration ride?

funkiestj

FAQ? How to tell powerpod I want to do a new calibration ride?

Post by funkiestj »

subject says it all.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: FAQ? How to tell powerpod I want to do a new calibration ride?

Post by Velocomp »

1) Make sure the latest FW is loaded into PP

2) If 1) is true, then do a new sensor pairing. This will put PP into O&B calibration mode

3) As an alternative, connect PP to Isaac, and select "Device/Setup Device..." On the last step of the wizard, select "Best Accuracy"
John Hamann
funkiestj

Post by funkiestj »

in my case (1) is true.

What is the easiest way to do a "new sensor pairing"? E.g. push the button on the PowerPod a certain way or follow a particular procedure in Isaac?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sensor pairing, do this:

1) MAKE SURE YOUR SENSORS ARE AWAKE. I generally confirm they are on by checking with my bike computer

2) MAKE SURE YOU ARE 100 FEET AWAY FROM ANY OTHER BIKES THAT MAY HAVE AWAKENED SENSORS.

3) Press-hold the button for 4 seconds. A green light will start flashing, indicating pairing process. Release the button. The light will continue to flash. If you have a crank-mounted cadence sensor, the device will flash red 3 times when the sensor is found, then continue to flash green. If you have a DFPM, the light will flash yellow 3 times when the DFPM is found. When the speed sensor is found the light will show solid green, then go out. Pairing is successful and you're ready for a cal ride.

4) If, at the end of pairing you see a solid red light, then pairing was unsuccessful. Make sure your speed sensor is awake, then do step 3) again.
John Hamann