Powerpod Under reading

Wasabibutler

Powerpod Under reading

Post by Wasabibutler »

Hi there

I seem to be having a problem with my Powerpod. I did an out & Back calibration last week and the wind scaling was set to 1.000 after the ride. On the ride my pp was severely under reading the wattage, and I only had a 62 w ave.

I then took an old profile from last year and applied the wind scaling, aero etc to this old profile. My pp is better and reading slightly higher wattage but it still seems lower than what it used to be in the past. I currently have it set at 1.740 and aero at 0.679

I ride on the hoods 98% of the time. my weight is 95kg and bike weight with all kit is 11.3kg 700x25c tires.

My ave wattage for my ride yesterday was 80w which still seems low. I did an estimated wattage according to my ride time/distance etc, not factoring in wind on 2 different calculators and my results were 135w average. I also did an average wattage on strava of 20 rides without using a power meter and got 125watts average.

So it seems that something is wrong with my pp figures.

I'm attaching my latest ride and profile for you to check please. You will also notice that the wind seems to be below the speed for the majority of the ride, which was not the case. I did have head wind and tail wind while riding. I also did draft for part of the ride and the drafting on the file seems right. The rife file was split in 2 for some reason.

Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
iBike_12_04_2018_1330_13_km_HiDef.ibr
(292.31 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
road bike 1.ibp
(377 Bytes) Downloaded 132 times
iBike_12_04_2018_1300_13_km_HiDef.ibr
(267.64 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod Under reading

Post by Velocomp »

If your ride file split into 2, it is likely because your battery was low. When battery voltage is low, PP automatically splits ride files, so that the entire ride is not lost due to a failed battery.

Your wind is definitely low. Were you riding in the rain? Is your wind port blocked or dirty? Either could be a problem.
John Hamann
Wasabibutler

Post by Wasabibutler »

I was not riding in the rain.

Wind port is clean and not blocked.

What do you suggest I change the wind scaling to?

Would that solve the problem that it records a tail wind the whole time?

Thanks for the fast feedback.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

At this point I would make sure your PP is fully charged, then do another ride.

It may be that the low wind readings were a result of the low battery.
John Hamann
Wasabibutler

Post by Wasabibutler »

Thanks