Ride Data Saving and Cal

bikesport

Ride Data Saving and Cal

Post by bikesport »

Hello Forum,

I have an issue with my new PP lite only storing (or uploading) the first 10 minutes of a ride outside. The odd thing is it titles the ride in Isaac as 43mi if I did 43 miles, but only shows the first 10 minutes when downloaded. I have done a hard reset and erased all ride files and still no luck. Also, when on trainer mode, I get NO recorded data. In both cases, I start with a green light and have power being reported the whole ride.

Another issue: The CDA was set at .353 after cal ride, this is a winter bike set up as follows:
5'10", 162Lbs
Position in hoods
Bike weight @22 Lbs
Cross bike with cantilever brakes and 38mm fenders
44cm wide drop bars
32mm wide tires on box section rim with 32h spoke
I'm wearing winter jacket (20f-40f), its fitted, but there is still substantial frontal area and bunching at zipper and arms

With all that I have read, this CDA seems too low and it might be under reporting. The Out and back ride could be the issue. I had to turn around(rolling with out losing speed) in the middle of the out (1/4), and again on the back(1/4ish), (short section of road but protected). It's been windy almost everyday and difficult to do another Cal ride-I'm in Vermont!

I appreciate any advice!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Ride Data Saving and Cal

Post by Velocomp »

You have a PowerPod Lite...this model records only the first 10 minutes of a ride. An upgrade is available...and is on sale right now:

https://velocomp-llc.myshopify.com/prod ... unlock-key

Please post a ride file and I will adjust your CdA for your winter bike and clothing.
John Hamann
bikesport

Post by bikesport »

Thanks for the reply. That is not clear in the description on your website. It should read “PP lite ONLY stores the first 10 min ....”.
I interpreted the description to mean that it internally stores the first 10 minutes perminatly in the device, but the last ride would be available for upload at least. What is the point of power without data collection?
Now instead of just purchasing the higher models, I have to upgrade some software at a greater cost and it still won’t have the capacity of the model above. Am I understanding this correctly?

Please contact me directly as I have more to share on my experience so far and I don’t want to use the forum for that.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

bikesport wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:45 pm Thanks for the reply. That is not clear in the description on your website. It should read “PP lite ONLY stores the first 10 min ....”.
I interpreted the description to mean that it internally stores the first 10 minutes perminatly in the device, but the last ride would be available for upload at least. What is the point of power without data collection?
Now instead of just purchasing the higher models, I have to upgrade some software at a greater cost and it still won’t have the capacity of the model above. Am I understanding this correctly?
Actually, PowerPod is the ONLY power meter in the market, at any price, that stores ride file information internally. All other power meters are just "transmitters"; they send their power data to your bike computer. Your bike computer stores the power meter information.

The language from the PowerPod Lite description says:

"Your Garmin or ANT bike computer displays and records PowerPod Lite power, and other cycling measurements. You get a complete record of your cycling data, including power, for your entire ride.

PowerPod Lite stores the first 10 minutes of each ride in its internal memory. This ride information can be used for diagnostics only, as needed."

We thought that was pretty clear but we have adjusted the language slightly to make sure there is no ambiguity.

If you upgrade you will have 100% of the functionality of PowerPod BLE, our best power meter. That functionality includes 100% recording of each ride file in the internal memory.
John Hamann