speed sensor pairing issue

Mytu

speed sensor pairing issue

Post by Mytu »

I have created a really reliable profile on my Powerpod but unfortunately and randomly, for no apparent reason, my Powerpod fails to connect to my speed sensor and I need to pair again. The speed sensor is working reliably and has a fresh battery. My Garmin Edge recognises and reads from it consistently. Pairing again forces me to re-calibrate on an out and back which is often inconvenient and my wind scaling is sometimes way off after the out and back. I guess that is because we often have high and gusty winds here in Scotland. Can you please suggest reasons/fixes for the losses in speed sensor pairing or a way of rolling back to a previous firmware which did not force a new calibration on pairing devices? All advice appreciated. Thank you.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: speed sensor pairing issue

Post by Velocomp »

What kind of speed sensor do you have? Where is it located? Have you done a "hard reset" of your sensor (put battery in backwards for a moment, then replace normally).

Also, do a hard reset of PP (press-hold button for 12 seconds, till light goes out and restarts; then release).

If this happens again, click PP light 5 times, to turn it off. Then click it again, to turn it back on. Does this fix the pairing problem?

It is REALLY TOUGH to tell from a Garmin if the speed sensor is working properly. That is because the Garmin will use GPS speed data when sensor data is spotty.
John Hamann
Mytu

Post by Mytu »

Thank you for the advice John. I tried both solutions today and was still unable to connect to the speed sensor. This was while stationary before starting my ride. I have two Garmin devices and they both connected to the sensor and registered speed when I was spinning the wheel. The profile had the speed sensor correctly stored. I paired again and of course had to complete the short calibration and on this occasion the wind scaling was as expected as conditions were fine, but that’s not always the case. I don’t mind pairing when the sensor does not connect, but I would really like to avoid the calibration as I know what my profile should be. Would rolling back to the last firmware resolve this?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Something is not right...

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann