O&B ride not working

speedyvelo

O&B ride not working

Post by speedyvelo »

Problem: after doing and O&B calibration ride (a) the ride include riding to starting point, O&B, ride back to beginning. The only part of the ride that downloads is only the ride back after the O&B. (b) there is no calibration ride file (3) the profile is not modify but the values are the initial setup.

Ref I'm using the new firmware.
Basically this is what I did.
I did an initial setup using Isaac.
1. The PP is unpaired from Garmin head unit.
2. I wake up all the sensors including the Garmin Vector 3 DFPM and they are all paired with the Edge 820 head unit. The head unit ask for calibration of the Vector 3 and I do it.
3. PP, I press for 4 seconds to pair all the sensors including the DFPM.
4. I paired the PP with the head unit. The headunit recognized 2 powermeter and asked me if I want to switch to PP and said yes.
I had a break (more than 20 minutes).
I wake up all the sensors including the DFPM then turn head unit on, ask me to calibrate DFPM. Then I press the PP, the light is yellow, the edge 20 recognize both powermeter and I select the PP for the head unit.
I ride to the starting point and the ligth is red/green and power is 0, when I get to the starting point I press the button and start to ride, power goes 1,2...until 50 then I stop lift the bike walk to the other side and start to ride again, power goes from 50 to 100% and then show normal power. The red lights shows when I hit 50. Interestingly, used to take about 5 minutes to go from 0 to 50 now takes two minutes, is this normal with the new firmware? then I ride to the beginning power looks OK.
Now here the problems.
1. I only see one small file with normal power, it looks like it records only from the time that the O&B ends to the finish.
2. The profile, does not show any changes from the initial setup.
I have done many calibration with the previous firmware and I know something here is different and it is something I may be doing wrong.
TIA for your help

-=terry=
Attachments
activity_calibride.tcx
Garmin file corresponding to the second attempt
(792.34 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
iBike_11_26_2018_0941_6_Miles.ibr
first try
(118.86 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
iBike_11_26_2018_1151_2_Miles.ibr
second attempt
(29.04 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: O&B ride not working

Post by Velocomp »

speedyvelo wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:04 pm Problem: after doing and O&B calibration ride (a) the ride include riding to starting point, O&B, ride back to beginning. The only part of the ride that downloads is only the ride back after the O&B. (b) there is no calibration ride file (3) the profile is not modify but the values are the initial setup.

-=terry=
Hmm...all of this is in the firmware notes! :-)

FW 6.40—June 2018 (6.33-6.39 not released)
Improved, shortened (about 5 minutes) out-and-back calibration
• Out-and-back calibration is now standard for all PowerPod models
• Whenever a sensor pairing is performed, unit automatically goes in to out-and-
back calibration mode
Calibration ride files are no longer recorded in ride memory
Improved ride startup process; automatic recalibration takes 90 seconds, vs. 8
minutes previously

I looked at your ride file and all seems to be well. Your CdA is a bit high compared to your DFPM. Do a 3 mile (not calibration) out and back ride to adjust your CdA.
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Re: O&B ride not working

Post by speedyvelo »

RTfM it could not be more true than here! Thanks John.

-=terry=-