PowerPod V2

babstar

PowerPod V2

Post by babstar »

Complete newbie here, looking to purchase a PowerPod in Australia. However, we don't seem to have any authorised distributors, and Velocomp don't ship to AU so I am having to buy online locally. I can get a "POWERPOD POWERMETER V2".

I just want to confirm that this "V2" is a actually the PowerPod ANT model with a $25 unlock to the BLE, not the PowerPod Lite. It's not entirely clear which model it actually is from the linked page, and the external images of the ANT and Lite appear to identical. Is there any other way to tell them apart?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod V2

Post by Velocomp »

Actually, we DO ship to AU. We have updated our website to make this correction.

"V2" is a designation added by one of our customers. It is not something we did, and we don't know for sure what it means.
John Hamann
babstar

Re: PowerPod V2

Post by babstar »

Thank you for the update, glad to hear you now ship to AU.
Regarding the "V2" designation, I have had some preliminary contact with the company and I pointed out was not a production designation from Velocomp, however, the first interaction didn't inspire confidence about what I was actually purchasing, hence asking the question. I've sought further clarification from them, but not holding my breath, they don't seem too familiar with their own product lines...