Powerpod mount in 25mm handlebars

Bugsbunny

Powerpod mount in 25mm handlebars

Post by Bugsbunny »

I have a Brompton which I would like to mount the PP on. Does anyone know a quick hack to get the standard mount that comes with the PP to fit narrow bars ~ 25mm?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod mount in 25mm handlebars

Post by Velocomp »

Go to your local bike shop and see if they have a rubber ring left over from one of the bike computers they've installed. These rings are shipped with Garmin's, and they are the perfect size to adapt a 25mm bar to our mount.
John Hamann
bicyclenut

Post by bicyclenut »

Had the same problem. Nothing I had from my "spare" parts worked; the clamp was too big. Went to a hardware store thinking an "O" ring might work .... nope. The gentleman at the hardware store suggested the auto parts store. What the heck ... gave it a shot. At the parts store I discussed my problem with the store owner and showed him the bike and clamp. He went and got a short length of heater hose. Cut it down and sliced length wise so that I could wrap it around the bar. It made the bar thick enough for the clamp to fit, & protected the bar also. They didn't charge me for it (hurray for Autozone!); they are going to be my first stop from now on for car parts for sure (and possibly bike parts ;-) )

Tony

PS: You may need to "stack" a piece over the first to make it work ....
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

bicyclenut wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 am Had the same problem. Nothing I had from my "spare" parts worked; the clamp was too big. Went to a hardware store thinking an "O" ring might work .... nope. The gentleman at the hardware store suggested the auto parts store. What the heck ... gave it a shot. At the parts store I discussed my problem with the store owner and showed him the bike and clamp. He went and got a short length of heater hose. Cut it down and sliced length wise so that I could wrap it around the bar. It made the bar thick enough for the clamp to fit, & protected the bar also. They didn't charge me for it (hurray for Autozone!); they are going to be my first stop from now on for car parts for sure (and possibly bike parts ;-) )

Tony

PS: You may need to "stack" a piece over the first to make it work ....
That is a clever solution!
John Hamann