Powerstroke ON / OFF in PowerPod profile

PaulK32

Powerstroke ON / OFF in PowerPod profile

Post by PaulK32 »

A simple action but I can't find it in the (HELP-)manuals.

I have PowerStroke on in my RoadBike and MTB-profile. I want to disable this option for the next rides. How ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerstroke ON / OFF in PowerPod profile

Post by Velocomp »

In PowerPod, if you have the PowerStroke feature enabled, there is no way to disable it, except by removing the cadence sensor from your bike.
John Hamann
PaulK32

Post by PaulK32 »

I have some training-weeks were I do >8 hours a day rides. I read that I can't disable the feature. But the manual give 6,5 hour ride as maximum, then the memory will be full.

* Will after 6,5 hour stop the "HiDef" registration for the ride ? Will the data be lost or incomplete ?
* What will this mean for the next ride ? Will the "HiDef" automatic be disabled or stay disabled, or stays it on and when erasing the memory a new ride will again be a "HiDef"ride.
* It is not possible to have a profile without PowerStroke (MTB) and with PowerStroke (Road, Trainer) ?

Can you give me an advice what to do ? My main goal stays to do rides without PowerStroke.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I'm not sure where the 6.5 hour comes from, but it is wrong.

In PS mode, you have about 27 hours of ride time.

I would download after every ride, then do an "Erase Ride Memory" command. This will give you lots of spare memory.
John Hamann
PaulK32

Post by PaulK32 »

Thanks for the fast answer.

I used the document Isaac Instructions. Here is a short item for the Powerstroke Tab. Here you cannot find spec's about memory usage and file dimension. So I used the items in the document Powerstroke Instructions. On 3 pages there is written that the maximum file size may not come above 6,5 hour.
After your fast answer I think that the 4X Memory option for the PowerPod has something to do with the 27 hour. And that the maximum file size is not these 6,5 hour but the total memory size of the Powerpod.

Now my PowerPod has the option Powerstroke active I have to take my pc with Isaac on it with me on the (vacation/trainings)weeks. I was used to travel with my garmin and powerpod without a pc/isaac.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We will fix the instructions; you're correct that PP has 4x memory size.

Even if PP memory is 100% used, it will continue to send power information to your Garmin. So, you don't have to take your PC with you, unless you want to get ride data off PP directly.
John Hamann
PaulK32

Post by PaulK32 »

Thanks, continue sending data to the bike-computer with full memory of the PowerPod will work for me those weeks.