Tubeless Tires and PowerPod

the shovel

Tubeless Tires and PowerPod

Post by the shovel »

If you're using tubeless tires with sealer, I recommend mounting your PowerPod off centre to prevent a front tire puncture from spraying sealer all over your PowerPod.

I've been running tubeless for 2+ years. The first 2 years combined moments of bliss (hit glass or metal bits, punctured tire, but it sealed!) with moments of frustration because even "tubeless ready" wheels don't always mount or seal easily). This year I bought a set of Mavic Ksyrium Pro All-Road wheels that are UTC compliant. With no spoke holes, they seal easily and well.

I haven't had many punctures, but one earlier this year sprayed the whole front end of my bike with sealant. It hit the PowerPod. Fortunately, it didn't damage it, but I can see how it could easily get sealant into the wind port.

I've mounted my PowerPod on a K-edge Combo mount with the PowerPod on a Go Pro bracket directly under the Garmin bracket. I've mounted to the left of the stem, and this places the PowerPod outside the "line of fire" in the event I get another puncture spray job.