Phone App to Configure PowerPod

texbiker

Phone App to Configure PowerPod

Post by texbiker »

Is there any consideration in developing a phone app to configure the PowerPod and/or the AeroPod?

Let me recount my ride today and the frustration of trying to figure out if sensors are paired before and during a ride.

"I think I experienced a cascading technology effect at the beginning of the ride. On Monday I received my replacement TickrFit heart rate monitor. It paired with my Elemnt computer with no problem but not with the PowerPod power meter. On Tuesday I got a new phone (Pixel 2 XL) which then loaded all of my apps but when I opened the Wahoo Companion app to connect to the Elemnt computer I had to go through the setup process. So far so good but yesterday after the ride I checked the PowerPod to see if it was connected the TickrFit and it wasn’t. The speed sensor and cadence were connected to the PowerPod. So I made some “adjustments” using the Isaac program on the PowerPod hoping to fix the TickrFit pairing. At the start of today’s ride I went through the pairing process with the PowerPod to pair to the TickrFit. Not successful. Not remembering what the different LED colors meant on the PowerPod I tried several times and ended up forcing the “Out & Back Calibration” starting not once but several times. Somehow I managed to press the PowerPod button the right way and it started sending power readings to the Elemnt computer. This was about 4 miles into the bike ride. Later I will check the PowerPod with Isaac to see what the wireless settings are. I wish there was a phone app that would configure the PowerPod like the Elemnt computer."