Question New Firmware

speedyvelo

Question New Firmware

Post by speedyvelo »

ref: I created a profile doing the calibration using a DFPM: first I did and O&B with PP and DFPM. Then I did a ride with both and then I use the "Check calibration" and basically only minor changes. So I am very happy with the profile. I have checked this profile with more rides and the PP is basically a carbon copy of the DFPM. The same with two bikes. Now I have REMOVED the DFPM and use only the PP in both bikes each with its own profile and own speed sensor.

Q: What would happened If I install the new firmware and I need to paired to a new sensor like cadence or HR etc. I know it will force me to do another O&B (which I do not want) then I assume it will write over the one I did with the DFPM correct? OR it will crate another profile?
Can I remove the new profile and set active the old one?

I wish there would be an option to cancel this "forced" O&B calibration ride after a new pairing of sensors.

It seems after you installed the new firmware there is not way to undo and return to the old one, thus I want to be sure the new firmware allows me to keep my "PP-DFPM" as the active profile even I pair new sensors.

-=terry=-
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Question New Firmware

Post by Velocomp »

Here is what to do:

1) Switch profiles.

2) Do a new sensor pairing on your new profile

3) Use Isaac to extract the sensor IDs from your new profile "Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Device/Wireless IDs". Write down the sensor ID numbers and sensor type.

4) Open a ride file from your PP/DFPM era. Go to "Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Ride file". Name and save this PP/DFPM profile

5) Copy/paste your PP/DFPM profile into your new profile where you did the sensor scan in step 2.

6) Copy the sensor ID/Type from step 3 into your copied PP/DFPM profile from Step 5. Send the updated profile to your PP

You should now have a copy of your original PP/DFPM profile, with new sensor IDs, in your new profile.

Honestly, I think there are very, very few people who have the situation you describe (pairing new sensors to an existing profile).
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

John Thxs

-=terry=-
skyracer

Post by skyracer »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:59 pm Here is what to do:

1) Switch profiles.

2) Do a new sensor pairing on your new profile

3) Use Isaac to extract the sensor IDs from your new profile "Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Device/Wireless IDs". Write down the sensor ID numbers and sensor type.

4) Open a ride file from your PP/DFPM era. Go to "Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Ride file". Name and save this PP/DFPM profile

5) Copy/paste your PP/DFPM profile into your new profile where you did the sensor scan in step 2.

6) Copy the sensor ID/Type from step 3 into your copied PP/DFPM profile from Step 5. Send the updated profile to your PP

You should now have a copy of your original PP/DFPM profile, with new sensor IDs, in your new profile.

Honestly, I think there are very, very few people who have the situation you describe (pairing new sensors to an existing profile).
In my opinion, this should be optional, I've lost three of my last outputs, because I either did not detect a sensor (call HR), or some other. As a consequence: start the O & B process. But I'm thrown in my training !!! It is very boring to lose the training record because of this nonsense.
Additionally, when I ride my bike, I do not carry the laptop with me. I just see my GPS mark, 1,2,3,4 ... 100 and again 1,2,3,4 ... 100. What a disappointment.
Let's go back to the previous procedure, please.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It is not the fault of PP that your HR strap is not being detected. Also, during your ride, how would you know?

If you're having problems with sensor pairing, then something is wrong with your sensor operation. There is ZERO reason to do a new scan to reconnect with your sensors.

Please post some of your recent ride files.

I appreciate your frustration but changing FW is not going to address your issues.
John Hamann
skyracer

Post by skyracer »

Ok, I replaced the batteries of all my sensors; tomorrow I go to try. But additionally the Bluetooth module became unstable, although I use it very little. And in the transmission via ANT +, at times it stops transmitting, however in the ride file it registers correctly power. I tested it with two different units (I suspected a wrong operation of the Lezyne): Garmin 820 and Lezyne Enhanced super GPS, in both, everything starts well, with the power in its expected values, suddenly the power indicates 0 for a few minutes simultaneously in both units (there is no signal loss indicator, only power 0), then report again after a few minutes.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...if it's possible, record your PP .ibr file and your Garmin file, and your Lezyne file.

I don't understand the unstable Bluetooth remark; please explain!

Please post all ride files. If there are dropouts we will be able to spot them.
John Hamann
skyracer

Post by skyracer »

Good Morning.
Last night I proceeded to delete all the profiles of my PowerPod BLE. Today I went out to connect my sensors, calibrate it and apparently everything went well, except that it has not recorded anything at all in the PowerPod, but it has reported the correct powers to my GPS.
The procedure that I have followed is:

With ISAAC:

1. I have deleted all my profiles (Device-> setup-> Reset device / profile.
2. I have deleted all the previous tours, although there were none and I did not seem to have some, I ignored it. Then Device-> Erase all ride data
3. I have configured the PowerPod with Device-> Setup Device, followed the steps of the wizard, and finally selected "Best Accuracy". I have left everything ready to install on the bike.

In the BIKE:

1. I have installed the PowerPod on my bike, according to the instructions and videos, making sure that there is no obstacle in front of the air intake, and that the word PowerPod is leveled at zero degrees.
2. I have activated the sensors, cadence, speed and heart rate. (I can see them in my GPS)
3. I press the PowerPod button for 4 seconds, then it flashes about 15 or 16 times in green, at the end a red one a couple of seconds and finally a green one a couple of seconds too. The LED is off and I do not touch it anymore.
4. Start the O & B on a terrain with very little slope, the PowerPod reports 1,2,3,4 .... 50, quickly, I think. I turn 180 degrees and return to the starting point until I reach 100. I clarify that it is not 5 minutes, in that process it only took one minute to go, and one to return. At no time did the led change to orange or yellow. At the end I press the button 5 times, turn red and turn off. I think he saves the profile and is ready to use it normally.
5. I press the button once to turn it on, it turns green, I start my circuit of the day, on asphalt terrain with good slopes, at first the power value seemed a little exaggerated, then it was more normal. He always reported the power to my GPS. In the end, the circuit takes me to the same starting point.

In my house:

1. I download my GPS files .FIT both the calibration, and the circuit. I open them and I see that everything is OK.
2. I connect the PowerPod (FW 6.41) with Isaac (4.1.1), and proceed to see my files and oh! surprise !: There are no files. :(

What am I doing wrong? I have used my PowerPod for almost a year without these types of problems, which came from version 6.41.

I attach the calibration files, the circuit of the day, and the profile that I got from the device after all this.
Attachments
35DD7B23-calibration.rar
(13.01 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
20180820-profile.ibp
(373 Bytes) Downloaded 205 times
35DD7F02-ride.rar
(70.92 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your problem is at step 3, BIKE.

You deleted your profiles in step 2, Isaac, which means that, after setting up PP, you needed to do a new sensor pairing:

The flashing green, going to red, means that PP did NOT pair to your speed sensor.

Do the following:

1) wake up your sensors
2) press-hold PP button for 4 seconds, until it starts flashing.
3) release the button. When pairing is complete, you will see a solid green light. IF YOU DON'T SEE SOLID GREEN, THEN PAIRING WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.
4) Assuming pairing is successful, you're ready to do the O&B ride.
John Hamann
skyracer

Post by skyracer »

Hi. Definitely, or I forgot after a year how to use my Powerpod, or the 6.41 update definitely hurt my Powerpod. I followed your instructions to calibrate it, it calibrates well. It reports very well to my GPS, but it never saves a file, not even the calibration file. I ask you to watch this video; in the first part I am in full O & B, after reaching 100, reports real powers, I turn it off with five clicks on the button. Then I turn it on with a click and start my ride, apparently everything is fine the powers are real (in the GPS), however when I get home I find that there is no file in the PowerPod. Until before version 6.41 I did not have this kind of problem.

Thank you

https://youtu.be/KSXjnXV_KMk
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

PowerPod no longer records calibration ride files (the firmware release notes say this...)

If you turn off PP after completing your calibration ride, there will be no file at all. There is zero reason to turn off PP after completing your cal ride...

Please do a "normal" ride and post that ride file.
John Hamann
skyracer

Post by skyracer »

Following your instructions, I have just done two rides in my neighborhood having previously done the O & B. There is no way, no file appears. Powerpod does not record files now. Only transmits as a simple powermeter.

Steps I followed:
1-Click on the button until the green flashes several times, then green for a few seconds and the led turns off. (Sensors detected).
2-Click once on the button, it turns orange (or yellow-red, my eyes deceive me). Start the O & B, up to 100, the LED goes off, then reports normal powers.
3-I go home and connect the Powerpod to my PC, and there are no files ... :(

I tend to think one of two things: either the memory is damaged or the firmware was badly burned in my powerpod. I had never had this problem before. Even, turning off the PowerPod with five clicks always recorded the file.

Question: If turning off the Powerpod does not make sense, so that you implemented it in the recent updates?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email jhamann@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
skyracer

Post by skyracer »

Velocomp wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:58 pm Please email jhamann@velocomp.com for next steps.
Hello, I wrote you to the email, nevertheless I am still waiting for your instructions. Thank you.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I replied to you on August 27. Please check your spam folder.
John Hamann