Wet - Blocked Wind Sensor - Suggestions?

viniga

Wet - Blocked Wind Sensor - Suggestions?

Post by viniga »

Hi There,

I got drenched yesterday, it happens in this part of the world! Anyway I noticed the watts were funny and then realised that my central stem mounted powerpod position was resulting in a steady stream of water from the front wheel being directed straight at the pod windport.

I realise that this is a disadvantage of the design but I thought that it might actually be worth pointing this out in the setup as I assume if I offset the pod to the left or right it would be a bit less likely to occur?

I wonder what others have found, any preventative measures or tips here? It's going to be wet a fair bit here.

Anyway, so after getting home I checked the forums and followed the advice for clearing the wind port - all good and on a dry ride today watts are normal. I also was able to use the Isaac software function to "Repair Ride for Blocked Wind Sensor" I selected the affected section and chose calm conditions (5 mph crosswind).

Still bit of a pain. Does the new aeropod suffer as much from this?

Cheers,

Vince
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Wet - Blocked Wind Sensor - Suggestions?

Post by Velocomp »

There's no doubt but that a "strategically placed" PP, directly over the wheel, can get a soaked wind port!

Placing it off to one side will minimize the problem.

AeroPod has a very long pitot tube, which will minimize this problem.
John Hamann