6.40 has made PP unusable, is there a downgrade to 6.21 available?

pietje

6.40 has made PP unusable, is there a downgrade to 6.21 available?

Post by pietje »

Problem is that even after deleting everything, resetting to defaults then going through installation, the o&b doesn't work.
It counts to 50, red light flashes, I turn around when I can but it doesn't wait for me to press anything, it very quickly goes on counting up even if I am not back at the turn round point.
Then it reaches 100, and then instead of starting to display power, it flashes red green and wants to do another calibration if I press the button, this continues if I obey it and complete another 100.

The device worked fine for me on the last firmware.

regards

Paul
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: 6.40 has made PP unusable, is there a downgrade to 6.21 available?

Post by Velocomp »

Do the following:

1) Open a recent ride file in Isaac

2) Connect PP to Isaac

3) Go to Edit/Edit Profiles

4) Click the "extract from ride file" button to get the profile from the ride file

5) Click the "Send to Device" button

This will restore a working profile to your PP.

After your next ride, please post it here.

We are working now on a FW update that will fix the problem you are having.
John Hamann
pietje

Post by pietje »

I was able to extract a profile from a recent ride. That enabled me to use PP during my morning ride, ibr attached. Thank you for the help.

Originally when I went to the isaac app it wasn't to update the firmware, I only knew about it after the popup informed me. What wanted to do was force an out and back as I was suspicious that I was seeing too long periods of zero watts on slight declines when my perception was that I was making an effort. I felt that was the same on this ride, it could be me overestimating my effort, but actually I have improved the average speed I maintain for several hours, yet my reported power has decreased.

Paul
Attachments
iBike_07_21_2018_1016_63_km.ibr
(460.33 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post the ride file you used to create the profile used in the ride you just uploaded.
John Hamann
pietje

Post by pietje »

John

Here is the file I *thought* I was extracting from, my confidence in anything is a bit low at the moment.
Since then I tried to force an out and back via isaac.
It appeared to work, although after it wanted to repeat. I power cycled PP and it paired up and gave me what seemed believable and improved power readings for the subsequent 80km slog.
However I just looked and there is no file saved that I can share. Strava did get the numbers via my lezyne.

Thank you for your effort to help , I love the device, I can wait for the next iteration of the firmware.

regards

Paul
Attachments
iBike_06_16_2018_1119_40_km.ibr
(345.62 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
TuRu00

Post by TuRu00 »

Same issue on my PP.
ridetolive

Post by ridetolive »

J Hamann:

I've had sufficient recent issues that I finally did a full reset intending to just started over, only to discover the O and B anomaly you acknowledge is contained in 6.40. In your reply of July 20 10:44 am in this thread you cite a planned FW update to correct this condition. Please advise the target date for release of that correction.
pietje

Post by pietje »

6.41 has been out for sometime.
It did not cure the problem for me.
Like you I did a full reset, not just the profiles.
I have been speculating that perhaps that is the reason my PP is now a very light paperweight.
However it is pure speculation, I have no extra evidence to progress the theory and no feedback regrding it.

Paul
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

ridetolive wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:50 am J Hamann:

Please advise the target date for release of that correction.
6.41 has been available for about a month now. Please upgrade to it.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

pietje wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:46 am 6.41 has been out for sometime.
It did not cure the problem for me.
Like you I did a full reset, not just the profiles.
I have been speculating that perhaps that is the reason my PP is now a very light paperweight.
However it is pure speculation, I have no extra evidence to progress the theory and no feedback regrding it.

Paul
Your posted ride file of June 16 has FW 6.32 installed. It looks fine

Your ride file of 7/21 with 6.41 shows a problem with the wind readings. This has NOTHING to do with the FW update; in fact, your profile settings are identical.

Please post a more recent ride file.
John Hamann
pietje

Post by pietje »

[/quote]

Your posted ride file of June 16 has FW 6.32 installed. It looks fine

Your ride file of 7/21 with 6.41 shows a problem with the wind readings. This has NOTHING to do with the FW update; in fact, your profile settings are identical.

Please post a more recent ride file.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, since 6.40, coincidences happen, PP never successfully completed a calibration ride and so never saves ride files. I did extract a profile from an old ride, on your advice, right after 6.40. Maybe that's where the identical profile appeared. I can't really remember after dozens of failed calibration attempts.
I can get it to pair with any of 4 different speed sensors, as evidenced by a solid green light and PP pairing with my head unit. It just never finishes a calibration. None of the sensors are Garmin, but I was able to calibrate in the past.
Currently it is giving me power data, achieved by resetting the profiles to factory and not using isaac to set up a profile. Still, this doesn't result in ride files.It seems to me, if it can give consistent believable numbers in this state, it must be pairing. What would stop it completing a calibration?

Paul
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I think something may be wrong with your wind sensor. Again, this would have nothing to do with the FW update, but it does explain why you are unable to complete a cal ride.

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
Matteo

Post by Matteo »

A mí me ocurre lo mismo desde la actualización no puedo hacer funcionar el PP....
Me gustaría volver a tener la versión anterior...
Ayuda..?? gracias
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
bubak

Post by bubak »

I'm new here with the same problem. After upgrading to 6.41 I'm unable to complete O&B calibration. Here are two ride data files. The first one is before calibration attempt, I don't remember if before FW upgrade or not. The second one is after "extract & send" from the first one.

During the second ride, Garmin displayed reasonable power values but before half of the ride, solid red on PP appeared. Despite it was not O&B cal ride I stopped turned back, yellow started blinking (still real power data on Garmin) and just before returning to the starting point PP started blinking red (still real power data on Garmin). But it wasn't about the battery. After downloading ride data to Isaac I turned it off (5 clicks) and after turning it on It behaves again as well-calibrated PP waiting for speed&cadence sensors.

I rode for 2 hours without problems with pre-6.41 calibration before new calibration attempt. I was still out when I've tried to recalibrate for 1 hour (so I don't have data from this ride). Because of this, I think that red blinking has nothing to do with the battery.

I've already emailed to technicalsupport@velocomp.com but before "extract & send".
Attachments
iBike_07_23_2019_0257_4_km.ibr
(38.45 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
iBike_07_12_2019_0206_2_Miles.ibr
(61.92 KiB) Downloaded 177 times