Hope calibration i did is good to go...

posh

Hope calibration i did is good to go...

Post by posh »

Update to New Firmware 6.40 but unable to do an O&B as it keeps giving me numerous blinking green follow by blinking red, then a few times blinking green, then off. Tried many times but still can't.

Read from other thread to do a profile reset. So, i did a profile reset but prompt with "comm error", and went to check on "Set Active Profile in Device", all 4 profiles has been reset to "Factory Default". So i believes it has been reset as i did a try and it manage to pair with solid green, then a while later, off.

Ride out to nearest park.
1 - wake up speed sensor, wake up cadence sensor, wake up hrm
2 - after a while, solid green and a while later, off
3 - switch-on Garmin Edge 520 and saw wattage at 0
4 - click on PP, solid yellow
5 - ride for a while and it is flashing, but it is flashing yellow, so i didn't bother
6 - "Stop" and ride to starting point
7 - click PP and start riding and saw the wattage from 0 jump to 20+w, which i didn't bother and continue to ride
8 - when wattage slowly reach 50w, it didn't turns red, then i come to think of it, seem like it is doing the "Better Accuracy", so i continue to ride till reaching 100w.

Am not sure is the file attached, is it still good to go? Hope you can help to check it out.

Thanks.
Attachments
iBike_07_19_2018_1745_8_km_HiDef.ibr
(203.19 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Hope calibration i did is good to go...

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...please do the following:

1) Wake up all your sensors

2) Press-hold PP button for 4 seconds, until it starts to flash green. Release the button. You are now in sensor pairing mode

3) At the end of the scan process, the light should turn solid green, then go out. If it does, then try an O&B ride

4) If the light does not turn solid green, make note of what it does do, then post your results here.
John Hamann
posh

Post by posh »

Did a try and can't get it paired.

Here is what i got...
Flash green for 18 or 19 times
Flash red for 3 times
Flash green for 12 times
Solid green, then Off

I believes that there is a bug in 6.40, so am wondering can i just use Isaac to do "Best Accuracy" to have it calibrate at the moment?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Do the following:

1) Connect PP to Isaac

2) Go to Edit/Edit Profiles

3) Click the "Extract from Device" button

4) Export the profile to your desktop

5) Post the profile file to this thread

We will figure out what is going on
John Hamann
posh

Post by posh »

here is the file. thanks.
Attachments
posh_qr.ibp
(377 Bytes) Downloaded 192 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This looks like a profile for a TT bike. Is this correct?
John Hamann
posh

Post by posh »

Yup...setting up for tt bike. I still have another profile, is also setup for tt but is a 20” foldable bike.
posh

Post by posh »

Just back from my O&B calibration using Isaac for "Best Accuracy", but the wheel size doesn't have mine when i setup for "Best Accuracy", it also doesn't have a choice for me to input my wheel size manually. So, i choose 20x1.75 instead of my 20x1.10 (1441mm based on my Garmin Edge 520).

Have download it into Isaac and did a look at it. Want to edit the below setting and have it send back to the profile, but is better to leave it as it is before getting confirmation from you.
1) wheel size should be 20x1.10 (1441mm)
2) is weird that "speed id" is not the calibrated bike "speed id", instead, it is using my other bike "speed id"
3) is weird that "cadence id" is not the calibrated bike "cadence id", instead, is using my other bike "cadence id"

Currently, the attached ride file is without any editing done. Do help me to check is the calibration done nicely?

I have also attached the "Extract From Device" files as well, it does have a warning message as shown in the "screenshot". So, after i have the files exported, i just click "Cancel" instead of "Accept", and when i go back to "Edit Profile", it doesn't appear in the "Profile", hope i did it correctly.

Lastly, on the same "screenshot", "Set Active Profile in Device", Profile Number 3 as shown "Unsaved", is the O&B "Best Accuracy" which i have just did, but it doesn't shown the exact name "KHS Garmin 7/21/2018 Prof # 3".
1) Do i have to go into "Edit Profile" and choose "KHS Garmin 7/21/2018 Prof # 3", then under "Set Active Profile in Device", select Profile 3, after that, have it "Send to Device"?

Am sorry that it is quite lengthy post.

Thanks.
Attachments
iBike_07_21_2018_0459_6_km_HiDef.ibr
calibrated bike ride
(152.66 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
posh

Post by posh »

Just did my calibration this morning and from the look at the chart...is pretty nice :D ....but nonetheless, would like to know is it good to go....please help to check...thanks... :mrgreen:

One question, currently it is set to "Profile 1". If i have to change whichever figure (e.g Rider Weight, FTP, Bike + Other Weight, Tire Sidewall Marking) under "Edit Profile-->Basic" and send it back to Profile 1, will it prompt for calibration again when i did my next ride?
Attachments
iBike_07_26_2018_0614_24_km_HiDef.ibr
(487.8 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
posh

Post by posh »

Hi John,

Can help to see is the ride is good to go?

Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

posh wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:25 am Just did my calibration this morning and from the look at the chart...is pretty nice :D ....but nonetheless, would like to know is it good to go....please help to check...thanks... :mrgreen:

One question, currently it is set to "Profile 1". If i have to change whichever figure (e.g Rider Weight, FTP, Bike + Other Weight, Tire Sidewall Marking) under "Edit Profile-->Basic" and send it back to Profile 1, will it prompt for calibration again when i did my next ride?
This one looks GREAT!

You can change profile factors without requiring any new calibration. The only thing that forces a new calibration is a sensor pairing, or Isaac Device/Setup Device...
John Hamann
posh

Post by posh »

Thanks John. Understood.

Another thing is my chest hrm is on “Profile 1”, and i want to add another wrist hrm, is it am just need to duplicate “Profile 1”, change the hrm value and saved as “Profile 2”? So that next time when i go out ride, it will auto-switch depend on which hrm i am on without a need for calibration, right?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Auto switching is done on the basis of a unique speed sensor ID.

You can copy profile 1 into profile 2, and you can change the HR sensor ID in profile 2, but you will have to manually switch from profile 1 to profile 2, because the speed sensor IDs are identical.
John Hamann
posh

Post by posh »

Oh i see....ok that will be good....will remember that.

Lastly, if i would like to test different wheelset to look at how aerodynamic, how should i go about it and what value to look at? E.g 700c 30mm alloy clincher w/ 25mm tyre VS 700c 60mm carbon clincher w/ 25mm tyre
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

PowerPod is not used for aerodynamic measurements. The only thing you need to do for these wheels/tires is make sure your tire circumference is correct.
John Hamann
posh

Post by posh »

Noted thanks alot. :mrgreen: