Two different Macs -- Two different bikes -- One Powerpod

Speedyg

Two different Macs -- Two different bikes -- One Powerpod

Post by Speedyg »

OK, I have two different road bikes in two locations each with a Mac running Isaac. I've successfully set up two different profiles one using Mac 1 for the bike in the city and the other using the second Mac for the bike in the country. Both bikes were set for "Best accuracy" and did the O&B cal ride successfully. When I look at the Edit Profiles result in Isaac on either computer it only shows the one set on that computer by the correct name, while the second one is listed as something like "Unsaved Profile" Why doesn't Isaac "see" other profile??
Speedyg

Re: Two different Macs -- Two different bikes -- One Powerpod

Post by Speedyg »

I would think this is not an uncommon setup. Could you post a FAQ about best practices using one Powerpod on different bikes potentially with different host computers running Isaac?

Thanks
texbiker

Post by texbiker »

I don't have your setup but I think the problem is the app data on the two Mac's are different which results in the each only seeing what it knows. Maybe if you have a way to sync the app data on each Mac the problem will be resolved.
Speedyg

Post by Speedyg »

I’m sure that’s right, but can Velocomp set this up so that the profiles on Powerpod are by default shared with the Isaac computer?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You can get the same profiles on both computers with either of these methods:

1) Attach PP to your computer, go to Edit/Edit Profiles, and click the "Extract from Device" button. This will transfer the active profile to your computer. Do this for both computers

2) Download a ride file with the profile you want to store. Go to Edit/Edit Profiles? Click the "Extract from Ride File" button. Download the same ride file on the other computer.
John Hamann
Speedyg

Post by Speedyg »

Yes, but when I go to "Set Active Profile in Device" it shows "Unsaved (type: Initial Setup)" rather than the name I gave it when I set the device for out and Back.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You have to manually name the profile in each computer. That is, the profile's "given" name is stored in each computer, not in PP itself.
John Hamann