unable to force new pairing yellow status after upgrade to 6.40

flahutewannabe

unable to force new pairing yellow status after upgrade to 6.40

Post by flahutewannabe »

Hi John

Followed the instructions you provided in the PP firmware forum, and for some reason I have not been able to get the yellow light for a new O&B cal ride. I think I"m following the instructions: wake up sensors (Garmin magnetless speed on front wheel, Garmin magnetless cadence on crankarm, Scosche Rythm HR). Hold PP button down for 4-5 seconds. Get a green flashing light (counted up to 20 flashes) then 5-6 red flashes, then it goes solid green and then out. If I single click the button again I get solid green or a couple green flashes then solid green.

I do have another speed sensor I could try which from the documentation I think should trigger the repair/O&B, but I'd like to be able to do it without having to mess with sensors/profiles.

Advice? Thanks!
posh

Re: unable to force new pairing yellow status after upgrade to 6.40

Post by posh »

I do have the same problem as you too few days ago. And was told to email to technical support which i did yesterday.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

flahutewannabe wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:28 pm Hi John

Followed the instructions you provided in the PP firmware forum, and for some reason I have not been able to get the yellow light for a new O&B cal ride. I think I"m following the instructions: wake up sensors (Garmin magnetless speed on front wheel, Garmin magnetless cadence on crankarm, Scosche Rythm HR). Hold PP button down for 4-5 seconds. Get a green flashing light (counted up to 20 flashes) then 5-6 red flashes, then it goes solid green and then out. If I single click the button again I get solid green or a couple green flashes then solid green.

I do have another speed sensor I could try which from the documentation I think should trigger the repair/O&B, but I'd like to be able to do it without having to mess with sensors/profiles.

Advice? Thanks!
Do the following:

1) Wake up your sensors

2) Do a PowerPod sensor scan

3) Connect PP to Isaac

4) Go to Edit/Edit Profiles

5) Click the Extract from Device button

6) Export this profile to your desktop, then post the profile on this thread.

We will figure out what is going on...
John Hamann
flahutewannabe

Post by flahutewannabe »

Here you go, John.

24 green flashes after putting in pairing mode, then 2 red flashes, then green solid and light out. Single press gave a solid green light.
flahutewannable profile.ibp
(458 Bytes) Downloaded 272 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your PP did not successfully complete the scan process (red flashes at the end of the scan).

Do a hard reset of the unit, then wake up your sensors, then do a new scan. You need to see a solid green at the end of the scan process.
John Hamann
flahutewannabe

Post by flahutewannabe »

Still not able to force a yellow re-pair light.

*New batteries in both cadence and speed sensors
*fully charged Scosche HRM
*Hard reset by pressing holding PP button >10 seconds
*Started pairing by holding button 4+ seconds
*Green flashing light 15x
*Red flashing light 3x
*Solid green light
*Green light goes out
*Single click brings me back to solid green

I've tried this several times and the length of the green flash pairing varies, but always ends with 2-3 red flashing before going solid green.

I do get power readings on the Garmin, but I'm no long sure if they're valid. And I do want to force a new &B calibration ride....

Next steps?
flahutewannabe

Post by flahutewannabe »

Also just tried resetting via Isaac Device/Setup/reset profile device/complete device reset

Get the "message comm error with device"

Prior to this the PP did connect to Isaac and downloaded a ride file.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you continue to get the comm error message, contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
flahutewannabe

Post by flahutewannabe »

I have been in contact with Tom and understand (and you report in another thread here) that there may be bug related to profile resets after upgrade. Thanks for working on that.

After trying several things I decided just to ride today, and found that when I started pp after waking sensors I had a solid red light. Looked at the status light table and it told me that means it was in factory condition and ready to go. I thought, ok, reset somehow did work.

One press gave me a solid yellow, but did not change to flashing red/green as I had anticipated. After stopping and another press, got flashing yellow. Didn't have the cheat sheet with me, but recalled that was probably the cal ride indicator. Sure enough, display started counting up from zero.

However, rather than changing to red and the count stopping at 50 is continued flashing and went all the way to 100. I wasn't thinking clearly so didn't turn around at 50 but just continued with my ride.

Appears I have no profile in the pp. when I downloaded the file to Isaac. Got a message that the profile was the default profile, and asked if I wanted to personalize it. Clicking took me back to the new device setup.

So I'm not sure what's in my pp now for profiles. Seemed on my ride that the power reported was low compared to the power reported for a similar RPE on my previous ride.

I'd like to be able to use my PP with confidence. Is there anything I should be doing for setup while waiting for the comm issue (which was not displayed during anything I did today) to be resolved?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Find one of your recent ride files, extract the profile out of it, then load it into your PP. That will take care of things for the short term.
John Hamann
posh

Post by posh »

flahutewannabe wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:47 pm I have been in contact with Tom and understand (and you report in another thread here) that there may be bug related to profile resets after upgrade. Thanks for working on that.

After trying several things I decided just to ride today, and found that when I started pp after waking sensors I had a solid red light. Looked at the status light table and it told me that means it was in factory condition and ready to go. I thought, ok, reset somehow did work.

One press gave me a solid yellow, but did not change to flashing red/green as I had anticipated. After stopping and another press, got flashing yellow. Didn't have the cheat sheet with me, but recalled that was probably the cal ride indicator. Sure enough, display started counting up from zero.

However, rather than changing to red and the count stopping at 50 is continued flashing and went all the way to 100. I wasn't thinking clearly so didn't turn around at 50 but just continued with my ride.

Appears I have no profile in the pp. when I downloaded the file to Isaac. Got a message that the profile was the default profile, and asked if I wanted to personalize it. Clicking took me back to the new device setup.

So I'm not sure what's in my pp now for profiles. Seemed on my ride that the power reported was low compared to the power reported for a similar RPE on my previous ride.

I'd like to be able to use my PP with confidence. Is there anything I should be doing for setup while waiting for the comm issue (which was not displayed during anything I did today) to be resolved?
That is what i got yesterday too. And it seem to be on the “Better Accuracy” ride and not the “Best Accuracy” ride.
flahutewannabe

Post by flahutewannabe »

Thanks, John. I have extracted from a ride file and I think it has successfully loaded to the PP.

Looking forward to the fix on which you are working so I can do a new calibration ride with a different set of wheels.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

flahutewannabe wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:50 pm Thanks, John. I have extracted from a ride file and I think it has successfully loaded to the PP.

Looking forward to the fix on which you are working so I can do a new calibration ride with a different set of wheels.
While we work on an update, you can get your PP into O&B calibration mode by using the "Device/Setup Device.." command in Isaac.

For O&B calibration, select "Best Accuracy" on the final page of the wizard.
John Hamann
Speedyg

Post by Speedyg »

Any update on the cal troubles after 6.40? Seems really unstable c to previous.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We should have something by tomorrow.
John Hamann
Speedyg

Post by Speedyg »

Don't see anything yet! Update?? We're hanging on here. Love the device in principle, but when it's unreliable it's really frustrating.

Jim
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Hopefully tomorrow...there is one small bug yet to be squashed.
John Hamann
Speedyg

Post by Speedyg »

Thanks so much for the update and the work!