PP ride files showing much lower air temp than actual

flahutewannabe

PP ride files showing much lower air temp than actual

Post by flahutewannabe »

Curious about my ride files showing approx 10-15 degrees F lower than actual. Is there a setting somewhere to adjust that? For example, my last ride is showing 35F; actual temps during the ride ranged from 50-53F. Previous ride showed 52F; actual were 70-72F.

Looking back, all rides so far are showing 1014 mb pressure; not sure if that's appropriate or not.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PP ride files showing much lower air temp than actual

Post by Velocomp »

Temperature readings are approximate, and have no effect on power measurements.

There is no place to adjust temperature.
John Hamann
ronpei

Re: PP ride files showing much lower air temp than actual

Post by ronpei »

just a thought John, why could you not put it as a n option in the analyze route page? You could enter starting temperature, after that all that is needed is a simple temperature off set, ie if the actual starting temp was 25 deg C and the temp recorded by the newton or PP said 21 then all temperatures could be adjusted by an off set of 4? I have no problem believing that the temp sensor is correct when it stabilizes or is relatively correct in that if the temp changes 1 deg the PP sees that correctly. IT just continuously reads the wrong initial temperature even after stabilizing to the ambient. My Newton+ has always read a few degrees off and as someone noted it would be nice to see correct temperatures just like adjusting for starting elevation.