speed of wheel/wind seems off after O&B calibration

mikee

speed of wheel/wind seems off after O&B calibration

Post by mikee »

hi,

I did the O&B calibration and seems like everything is fine. However when I look at the speed of wind/wheel, I see that the wind speed seems consistently lower than wheel and recalled a instruction video posted where that seems to indicate a problem. Do you mind taking a look?

I also notice that when I download files from the PP, some files have wrong dates. For example if I rode from Feb 1st-10th, the files from Feb 1st to 6th shows up (02_01_2017, 02_02_2017 etc), but instead of 7th to 10th, the files would be names 01_10_2017, 01_11_2017 etc. Any idea?

Thanks.

Mike
Attachments
iBike_02_22_2017_1804_17_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(521.81 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: speed of wheel/wind seems off after O&B calibration

Post by Velocomp »

You are getting a fair number of speed sensor dropouts. Make sure your sensor is on your front hub.

Make sure you don't have any cables blocking the wind port. Then, do a new O&B ride and please post results here.
John Hamann
mikee

Post by mikee »

Hi John,

Thanks.

I have the wahoo speed sensor and it was on the front wheel. I also have the out front mount from k-edge so the cables do not block the wind port. I've attached a photo of my setup. I will do the ride today or tomorrow. Thanks!
image1 (3).JPG
image1 (3).JPG (129.54 KiB) Viewed 5825 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...we also have the magnet less Wahoo sensors and our speed sensor, in particular, shows occasional dropouts on all three of our bike computers/power meters. So, maybe there is a design problem with the sensor.

I don't think this is a "fatal" issue, but please post your ride file tomorrow!
John Hamann
mikee

Post by mikee »

Hi John,

I tried to do the O&B today but the PP stays in solid yellow and never gets to flashing red and green. I checked my sensors and they work fine. When I spin the wheel, my garmin watch shows an increase in speed so the speed sensor on the front wheels appears to work. I also tried connecting the PP to the computer to set it to O&B mode again and the same thing happens. Please advise. Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Make sure your sensors are awake (you're doing the right thing to see them register on your Garmin).

Then, press-hold the PP button for about 4 seconds, until its light flashes. This will pair your PP to your sensors. You should see solid green at the end of a successful pairing.

Hopefully you will then be able to start your calibration.

Let us know!
John Hamann
mikee

Post by mikee »

Followed your instructions and think I successfully paired. It goes from flashing green to solid green then yellow. But never gets to red and green. Next steps?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Ah...now I see what you are trying to do!

You need to connect your PP to Isaac, go to "Device/Setup Newton...", follow the wizard screens, and on the last screen select "Best Accuracy"

Once this is done your PP will be in O&B mode, and it will flash red/green once you start riding. When you're ready to actually start the O&B ride, simply click the button to start the ride.

See this thread for detailed O&B instructions

http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3852
John Hamann
mikee

Post by mikee »

I did set it to the O&B mode the previous times but not after the most recent attempt where I held the button to pair the sensors.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please make sure you're following the instructions.

After following the instruction steps please do the following:

1) connect your PP to Isaac, then

2) go to "Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Device"

3) Export the extracted profile to your desktop

4) Post the extracted profile to this thread

We will figure out what is going on!
John Hamann
mikee

Post by mikee »

Here's a profile. Not sure why the rides only get to the regular calibration where it's yellow and the power number slowly climbs to 100 before showing regular power.

I just noticed that the PP's usb connection seems to be problematic. It would only flash red if I manually held the cable connection at a specific angle, and while Isaac would recognize the PP earlier today, now it doesn't register (i.e. usb button doesn't show green). I've also tried using different usb cables which work with other devices but get the same outcome.
Attachments
Road Bike 03022017 Prof4.ibp
(379 Bytes) Downloaded 167 times
mikee

Post by mikee »

Hi John,

just checking so see if you can help resolve my issues. Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The profile you provided shows that your O&B ride has not been completed. When you turn on your PowerPod, its status light should be solid yellow. Then, when you ride for a few seconds it should change to alternating red/green. Is this happening?

If not, make sure you've upgraded to FW 6.21. I can't tell from your profile if you've done this.
John Hamann
mikee

Post by mikee »

Yes, I upgraded to the new firmware and was able to do the out and back calibration in the past. But in my previous attempts, the PP never goes from yellow to flashing green and red. Seems to only do a regular calibration despite selecting "best accuracy" in the profile set up. However I have a problem with the USB connection and have sent back the pp to Tom today for him to take a look. Will try to do the O&B calibration again when I get it back.