Autocalibration after bike fit

drashkum

Autocalibration after bike fit

Post by drashkum »

I had a dialed in profile which i was using. I had a advanced bike fit session with Bjorn Suetens yesterday and he has raised the stem a bit higher with a small spacer and had put in a 100 mm stem and fixed the handlebar with PP. Since he did not touch the powerpod/ Handlebar and just mounted the handlebar on the new stem, i guessed that PP would auto re calibrate on the ride on first 8 mins in the same dialed in profile. And it happened that i did not get any power on first 8 mins and after that i got the power values . i am posting the ride file here just to make sure everything is ok
iBike_02_13_2017_0520_38_km_HiDef.ibr
(623.05 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
kindly have a look at it and do let me know if it is ok?

Drashkum
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Autocalibration after bike fit

Post by Velocomp »

It looks like the first part of your ride was in a group. If that is true, then everything is fine!
John Hamann
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

No, it was a out and back solo ride to the same place. No group or drafting behind cyclists. May be here and there for a few seconds behind buses when they cross me. That's all. What should I do now?. Again cal ride using 6.21fw in new format? :(
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...your wind sensor appears to be getting partially blocked. Please post images of your PP mounted on your bike, front, side and top views.
John Hamann
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (224.07 KiB) Viewed 6909 times
This is the picture. I had been using this out front combi mount as i was not able to mount my garmin on to the 70mm stem. Now that stem has been changed to 100mm i can still go back to the oem mount that came with my PP. Should i do that?. I am seeing that all these problems started only after the use of combi mount. till then everthing was consistent
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I would try the original PP mount. Do an out-and-back calibration and then post the .ibr file.
John Hamann
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

Velocomp wrote:I would try the original PP mount. Do an out-and-back calibration and then post the .ibr file.
Thank you.
Regular O/B ride In the Same dialed in profile? Or on the old accurate profile which I was using with original PP mount? Or cal ride O/B in a new profile under 6.21 firmware settings with best accuracy ?

Drashkum
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Do a new calibration ride.
John Hamann
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

Have done the calride and a 12km ride after the cal ride.

Info:
I reset the Profile and Created a new Profile( Name:Onelasttime) and Paired my sensor. The FW is 6.21 so there were 3 red flashes and may green flashes till one final solid Green flash which confirmed my sensor pairing ( Thanks John for the new protocols, now there is a visual confirmation for the sensor pairing). Then i did a O/B solo CAL ride on hoods as per the protocols listed in the PDF which lasted 4.42kms with power raising from 0-49w in Out and 50-99w in back and the lights went out. Then again i did a solo O/B ride of 12kms on hoods returning to the same spot which showed me some realistic power. The course i rode is laced with bridges and elevations. Enclosing the ride files
iBike_02_19_2017_0603_4_km_CalRide.ibr
(94.31 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
iBike_02_19_2017_0614_12_km_HiDef.ibr
(232.9 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Can you kindly check it for me and let me know if everything is ok John?

drashkum
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Perfection!
John Hamann
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

Velocomp wrote:Perfection!
Thank you John. I think with this settled profile I am not going to touch or tweak the PP for long long time unless I upgrade the bike. Gonna concentrate on the training and focus on increasing the ft.

I think with the FW 6.21 cal ride algorithms you guys have taken the PP to a whole new level. I see in other posts in forum that most of them have got a perfect calibration the first time they have attempted doing and have not needed a tweaking and check calibration post the cal ride.

The success of the product is always in the "fix it and forget it" nature of the product and I think you guys have achieved it in this FW.

Mind telling us what you guys did new to the cal algorithms in the new firmware ? :)

With each FW upgrade u guys keep taking things a few notches higher. I am already eagerly waiting for the next announcement

Kudos to your team and you John

Drashkum
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

FW 621 applies the same algorithms used in Isaac to optimize the profile.

So, you don't have to connect your PP to Isaac afterwards--your PP has already done the calculations!
John Hamann
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

Hi john,
I have been doing consistent rides after i did the calibration of PP with 6.21 FW. I have been constantly getting very low power numbers when compared to earlier times. I have been drafting a couple of times and a few times solo but i am not sure if everything is ok. I ride a course where there is a lot of tailwinds this time of the year, But i am not sure how there can be tailwinds on both sides of the o/B rides. I am enclosing a few rides files for you to look at. kindly have a look and share me your thoughts
iBike_17_03_2017_0530_37_km_Drashkum_HiDef.ibr
(588.31 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
o&B solo ride on hoods today at zone 2.
iBike_02_20_2017_0543_38_km_HiDef.ibr
(578.57 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
O/B solo ride on hoods
iBike_09_03_2017_0517_38_km_Drashkum_HiDef.ibr
(611.7 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
o/B ride solo o 80% onward and rest was drafting

I know that when drafting the power is 30% less.. but when i draft it shows power as low as 50-60 watts

kindly have a look and share yur thought
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

This was a fully drafting ride but it was a Under and Over intervals and i have clocked as close to 40kmph in the over the FTP part but still the avg power was only 109w because of which my calorie burn was too low too
iBike_16_03_2017_0504_48_km_Drashkum_HiDef.ibr
(711.82 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Does the drafting bring the power down so low?
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

Are the files ok ?. Can I continue in same profile?

Drashkum