Newbie PowerPod User First Ride

brantel

Newbie PowerPod User First Ride

Post by brantel »

John,

Thanks for activating my account.

Here is my first lazy/easy/short ride after the calibration ride for my new PowerPod. Just wanted to see if it looked normal. The only thing I did was set up my profile and change the power smoothing from Dynamic to zero seconds.

How does it look?

Simple question... Do I need to somehow turn off the PowerPod or does it just go to sleep like the other ANT+ sensors do?
Attachments
iBike_06_28_2016_1956_4_Miles.ibr
(64.29 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Newbie PowerPod User First Ride

Post by Velocomp »

Your first ride looks great! There are a few seconds at the beginning of the first ride where PP settles into a normal mode. You can edit this out using the File/Split File at Cursor" command.

PP will go to sleep automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity.
John Hamann
brantel

Post by brantel »

John,

Thanks for taking a look. Since I have never used a DFPM, I have nothing to compare with but it sure looks reasonable to me the PP is working as expected.

The more I play with the Isaac software, the more I realize how powerful it is and how much of a dream it is for a tech geek engineer like myself.

I just realized I could merge the data from my Edge 520 and get a GPS map to go along with my ride file. Very cool! Makes geeking out over the data even more fun!

The ability to tweak settings and have them apply to an existing ride file is freaking awesome!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

There's a lot of cool stuff buried in Isaac, and it is definitely worth exploring all the interesting things you can learn through it.

Have fun!
John Hamann