Calibration Issues

dmwelk

Calibration Issues

Post by dmwelk »

Here goes, it has been approximately 6 months since using my powerpod, weather related indoor riding. So I fully charged the powerpod. Updated to the most recent firmware. Checked all parameters. Made sure the powerpod was still paired to my Garmin 520 edge. Paired the cadence and speed sensor to the powerpod and set out to the location to calibrate. Once the sensors were paired I got the solid yellow and rode to my calibration location. After a few seconds of riding the powerpod started blinking red and green. Once I arrived at my pairing location ( a flat long stretch with little wind on the local cycling path). I clicked the power button to start the out and back calibration. On the out portion the powerpod immediately read 50 watts and didn't move one way or the other just stayed a constant 50. I rode for a few minutes and stopped turned around and rode back with the watts remaining at 50. Once I returned to my original calibration location, I figured I would retry the calibration. I turned off the powerpod and restarted followed all the steps, but when I started pedaling it seemed as though the first calibration had worked and it was reading the wattage output like it should. So I did roughly a 3 mile out and back. 1.5 miles each way and after returning to the starting point turned off the powerpod, to use that information in Isaac to do a check calibration. Restarted the powerpod and continued on a 44 mile ride with the powerpod seemingly producing accurate numbers for the entire ride. Once I got home I turned off the powerpod connected it to Isaac to review the numbers and do a check calibration but when I connected it to Isaac it said there was no recorded rides. I was a little confused because the calibration process didn't seem to work correctly but it does seem to be putting out correct numbers. Not sure why Isaac isn't seeing ride information. I should note before starting the calibration process I reset the powerpod through Isaac. The device is a powerpod Lite, I bought it approximately 3 years ago and upgraded it. I believe it was upgraded to the V-3. My concern is when i reset the powerpod back to factory specs is that it deleted the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Calibration Issues

Post by Velocomp »

Do a hard reset (press-hold for 12 secs; after a few seconds light will flash green, keep holding button until light goes out briefly, then starts flashing again. Release the button).

Hopefully this will fix things.
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

John, I did a hard reset and I am still having issues. I follow the calibration steps and on my out and back calibration when I reach 100 on the back of the calibration my powerpod then reads 50 watts and it stays at 50 watts. If I then turn the powerpod off it seems to be working but I don't know if the numbers are accurate. Once I finish a ride and then sync the powerpod to Isaac. It says there is no info to download.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsuppport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

John what is a typical response time from technical support? I emailed on May 31st, but have not had a response.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

dmwelk wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:26 am John what is a typical response time from technical support? I emailed on May 31st, but have not had a response.
2-3 hours. Please resend, and copy me.
John Hamann
dmwelk

Post by dmwelk »

I copy and pasted the link you posted but it would not go through. So I manually typed it and sent it that way, although it was in my sent folder apparently it didn't go to the correct email address.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I saw your email to Tom. Hopefully he has responded.
John Hamann