Powerpod BLE compatability with Polar V650

nicholp1

Powerpod BLE compatability with Polar V650

Post by nicholp1 »

John

I see you have tested the BLE version of the PowerPod with various software, have you have a chance to test the unit with any BTLE cycle computers. I’m thinking about upgrading my ANT+ version and compatibility is the key criteria for me, in particular the Polar V650.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod BLE compatability with Polar V650

Post by Velocomp »

We haven't tested ours with the Polar. BLE systems follow standard communication requirements, which we, of course, follow. So, as long as Polar uses the same standards I don't see why there would be a problem.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

OK, we have now tested PowerPod BLE with the Polar V650.

IT WORKS! PowerPod transmits speed, cadence and power in BLE format to the V650, and the V650 properly displays the information.

Note also that PP receives the ANT speed/cadence signals, then transmits speed/cadence/power in BLE format.
John Hamann
nicholp1

Post by nicholp1 »

John

Thanks for the update very good news. Looks like I'll have to sell on my ANT+ Powerpod and buy the BTE version now.

The bridging function is interesting as only 4iiii have anything like this with the Viiiiva HR monitor.

Wishing you all the best for the new year.
Aviador76

Post by Aviador76 »

Hi guys.

After I have read your answers about the V650 I have a quetion.

I use a speed/cadence sensor with my Polar V650. Both with bluetooth.

As you say in your answers, PP recibe on Ant+ speed an cadence and send to the V650 on BLE.

Is it necesary an Ant+ sensor for cadence/speed or I can use mine?

Thanks and regards, Fran.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

PP requires ANT+ signals for speed and cadence. Any Dual Band (ANT+BLE) sensors will work both with your 650 and with PowerPod.

If you install ANT+ sensors only (not dual band) PowerPod will convert the ANT signals to BLE and transmit speed, cadence and power data to your 650.
John Hamann
nicholp1

Post by nicholp1 »

I'm using a Polar V650 with Wahoo dual  ANT  / BTLE speed and cadance sensors. When i Initally setup this configuration I was using the Powerpod to relay the speed and cadance to the Plolar V650 via BTLE along with the Wattage, however for some reason the Incline and VAM features were not working on the Polar. I found I needed to pair the Powerpod to the ANT side of the sensors and the Polar to the BTLE output of the sensors and now everything works perfectly.