Newton 6 upgrade doing great!

Russ

Newton 6 upgrade doing great!

Post by Russ »

I thought I would throw some feedback onto the forum for how my upgraded Newton 6, which was a Newton+ is performing.

I try to avoid riding in the rain when possible so I can't evaluate the rain performance but that was stress tested and reported by others - IE no problem there.

The biggest problem I had with the Newton+ and it was not THAT big of a problem was in rare cross wind conditions I would incorrectly record a strong tailwind. This problem I can now say seems fully mitigated, I would rate the cross wind performance to be consistent and no longer an issue at all. The wind port improvements seem to contribute to better and more stable power numbers as well under gusty conditions.

I do not have a DPFM and I do display CdA when coasting, I have been using this feature since it came out. My observations of this on my usual rides is that it is quite repeatable if the wind is at all steady or non existent and better when gusty. Note that Velocomp does not suggest any usability under non steady wind conditions for CdA measurements.

I usually do not use this as a wind tunnel but I regard it as a great cross check on my wind zero and wind offset. It is still important to let the temperature stabilize before doing the wind cal (wind zero I have been calling it), if this is missed, the CdA will show it and so will Isaac when uploaded.

Happy New Year iBikers!
Russ