Problems after FW 5.13 upgrade

Escargot

Problems after FW 5.13 upgrade

Post by Escargot »

I have recently upgraded to FW 5.13

After this I have encountered a few problems:

1) I can't turn on the computer using the button. I need to connect it to my mac after which it turns on automatically.

2) The unit decharges automatically. Before performing the upgrade, I could leave the unit alone for a few days and the battery would not be affected. Now it is either depleated or very low.

3) If it is possible to use the Newton on a ride, it turns off even with 20-30% battery life left.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Best regards

Rasmus
DK
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Problems after FW 5.13 upgrade

Post by Velocomp »

1) Get the Newton to turn on by whatever means possible

2) Do a hard reset:

A. For an older Newton, press the left, bottom, right and center buttons automatically. The screen will go blank and then restart. Release the button

B. If that doesn't work (i.e. no response) then you have a newer model. Press-hold the center button for about 10 seconds, until the unit turns off and restarts.

3) After the hard reset hopefully things will work OK. Let us know!
John Hamann
Escargot

Post by Escargot »

Hi!

Have tried the hard reset which solved the problem with not being able to turn the Newton on. Unfortunately It still decharges rapidly and can't be turned on if battery is below 22%. It seems like it can't go into hibernation mode or turn of automatically after use.

Any fixes for this?

Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

1) charge your Newton fully

2) click the left arrow one time so that the "batt" screen appears

3) press-hold the center button until "batt off" appears. when the button is released the unit will go to sleep

4)monitor the rate at which your battery voltage drops. if it drains more than 10% per day then your battery is going bad and needs to be replaced. contact tgore@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
Escargot

Post by Escargot »

Hi!

Thanks for a speedy reply. I don't think your suggestion is relevant atm, since my unit now is totally dead. Any suggestions on how to revive my unit?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

John Hamann