5.09 and Fit trn defaults to ON

texmurphy

5.09 and Fit trn defaults to ON

Post by texmurphy »

My Newton prompted me to download the 5.09 firmware on Thursday, which I did.
For my ride today I found that press and hold of the Center Button caused me to enter Fit Train, not Trip Reset.
In all other aspects the Center button continues to work correctly. Press and Hold of the Right button will also invoke Fit Train.

The 5.09 firmware update turns Fit Trn ON. Entering Setup and turning OFF Fit Trn returns the center button to its normal state.
This is the first firmware upgrade where I have encountered such an issue.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: 5.09 and Fit trn defaults to ON

Post by Velocomp »

I'm guessing that you have a Tinkoff Newton.

A special feature of the Tinkoff Newton is that, when on the power screen (speed/power/cadence), when you press-hold the center button, you enter the lap training screen. This was a much-requested feature by Tinkoff, because it makes it easy for their pro-riders to quickly access the Newton's fitness training feature.

If you get into Fit Train, simply press-hold the center button to exit to the "normal" screen.

For a trip reset, click the center button to go to the bike computer screen (speed/distance/time). On this screen the trip reset works normally.

FYI: this is documented in the FW Release notes, accessible from the Help menu of Isaac 4.0.
John Hamann
texmurphy

Post by texmurphy »

My Newton is a Newton+ from June 2014 which was upgraded to a Newton 5 in May 2015.
As far as I know I do not have the Tinkoff edition. Unlock feature list shows: Trainer feature; GT Key; PowerStroke; 4X memory Upgrade; and FW5 Upgrade. Should the feature list show Tinkoff?

How do I do a Trip Reset when Fit Train (Tinkoff mode) is active?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post a ride file.

To do a trip reset, exit Fit Train (press-hold center button). Then select bike computer screen, then press-hold to do trip reset.
John Hamann
texmurphy

Post by texmurphy »

Velocomp wrote:To do a trip reset, exit Fit Train (press-hold center button). Then select bike computer screen, then press-hold to do trip reset.
When I am in the Bike Computer Screen, press-hold of center button shows Trip Reset.

In Setup I turned OFF the Fit trn and that allows me to do Trip Reset with the Center Button from either main screens.
If I do Setup, Fit Trn = ON then it reverts to Center Button triggering Fit Train with the power main screen.
Attachments
iBike_2015_12_05_1001_33_Miles_HiDef_tex.ibr
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 416 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We are investigating
John Hamann
Buff

Post by Buff »

After last update with the Tinkoff implements to 5.09 my Newton don't show correct distance in display. It is corrected when I download to Isaac. What can I do?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

What does it show, and what should it show? Please give an example.

Also, what is the serial number of your Newton?
John Hamann
nsidirop

Post by nsidirop »

I love this feature with quick access to the Fit Train mode. I find it incredibly smart and useful.
Please do no remove it!