updating current version 4 to version 5

ronpei

updating current version 4 to version 5

Post by ronpei »

the manual is avery good, but assumes you are starting from scratch in most cases. What I an interested in knowing is what happens when I upgrade from v4 to v5. What is the best way. Is it as Fernando did, a hard reset then upgrade? or just over lay the 5 right on top of v 4 as is? When I upgrade what happens to my current profiles are they wiped out? What things should I be aware of before and after I upgrade. on other very important question, I am going to be using another bike for a demo ride. It will be a 1 time thing but I want the power numbers for my comparison. What is the best option to do this, I will be using my speed and cadence sensor from one of my current bike so APS will be confused. I am thinking that if I have an empty profile 4, I could maybe set that and then do a calibration? I am not certain what is the best way to go about this. thanks for the insights.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: updating current version 4 to version 5

Post by Velocomp »

Lots of questions!

For users upgrading from FW4 to FW5, the main changes and benefits are listed here:

http://www.ibikesports.com/index.php/pr ... echnology/

After upgrading from FW4, do a Trip Reset. This starts APS (flashing bullseye).

FW 5 does not change your profile settings from FW 4.

If you use the same speed/cadence sensor in 2 profiles, APS can become confused--it won't know which profile to select, and will remain "stuck" on the last profile used with the same wireless IDs.

Do you demo ride in profile 4, cal ride, etc. After you're done with the ride and have your data downloaded, use the Device/Setup/Reset Profile...command to restore Profile 4 to factory values. This will allow APS to function with your other profile.
John Hamann
ronpei

Re: updating current version 4 to version 5

Post by ronpei »

thanks John, that helps, looking forward to the new firmware! paid Thursday and just waiting for my upgrade key.