Aeropod/GPS plan

EHB

Aeropod/GPS plan

Post by EHB »

I was thinking of upgrading to an AeroPod. I have the Newton track currently. If I look at the new App for the AeroPod I see maps, although there is no GPS battery warning.

What are the plans with GPS & the new AeroPod?
EHB

Re: Aeropod/GPS plan

Post by EHB »

I downloaded the app. It then asks to use GPS. Odd there is no warning in the App Store.

Not clear what ‘while using’ and ‘always’ in settings makes. Also not clear if the GPS data it collects is sent to Isaac.

With the tracker app I turn the screen off and put it in my pocket. The audio feedback sounds good but there aren’t many settings so I guess it is silent in free rides? It would be nice if it autolapped and gave data each lap.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Are you using the iOS version?
John Hamann
EHB

Post by EHB »

Hi, apologies for the slow reply. I forgot I didn’t get follow up notifications.

Yes, I’m still using the iOS version. Used it today in-Fact. Oddly didn’t upload to your server today or yesterday, but guessed that was a gremlin in your server.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Server is working fine as of 1243PM on September 3. You can select old rides with the "My Rides" button in the bottom left, then upload them.
John Hamann
EHB

Post by EHB »

Thanks. Just uploaded them now.

What’s the plan with the AeroPod & GPS? Thinking it is about time to update. Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

AeroPod has GPS Tracker feature included.
John Hamann
EHB

Post by EHB »

Thanks. Just ordered using the upgrade link Tom sent me. Looking forward to it.

What are the plans about audio announcements in the free ride in your new app? I have bone conduction headphones. Not too pleased about seeing the data if I get audio updates. Thanks again.
EHB

Post by EHB »

*plusses, not “pleased”. I’d be happy with just audio updates.
EHB

Post by EHB »

Plussed, not either of those words. Sodding auto-correct.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Free ride does not provide audio feedback of any kind. It never has...
John Hamann
EHB

Post by EHB »

Pity. Most phones these days are too big to go on handlebars. Having regular audio updates would allow people to not buy an additional expensive headunit & just use the phone they already have.

I’ve experienced audio updates using a now discontinued product; 4iiii’s Sportiiii. It also had optical feedback, but I didn’t care after a while.

I guess some people don’t like in-ear headphones, but I just use bone-conduction blue tooth ones.