Velotrack app records ride, sends to server, but no gps data in .ibr

DaveG

Velotrack app records ride, sends to server, but no gps data in .ibr

Post by DaveG »

I have Newton 5, iphone 8 w/ Velotrack App, bought GPS key and have been using successfully for about 2 years. The tracker usually records properly and connects and sends file to Isaac server from my iPhone. The Isaac for Windows .ibr file from rides does not always contain GPS data even when I launch and record using Velotrack app. Today I rode and the time/mileage agree in Isaac for Windows and the iphone app, but the windows side says No GPS data in ride file.

Can the two be merged after the fact? Any suggestions for resolving the issue and keep things paired correctly in the first place?

Newton device has version 5.18 firmware. Isaac for Windows Version 4.1.1. Velotrack build version 1.4
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Velotrack app records ride, sends to server, but no gps data in .ibr

Post by Velocomp »

Yes. If you don't see the GPS data use the command shown to merge your Tracker information into your ride file. Save the ride file so that the GPS data will be in your ride file.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 2.35.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 2.35.58 PM.png (162.64 KiB) Viewed 7203 times
John Hamann
DaveG

Re: Velotrack app records ride, sends to server, but no gps data in .ibr

Post by DaveG »

when i select GPS Tracker Get GPS Data, window pops up with:

No GPS Tracker Data was found for this ride. This may be due to an incorrect date/time setting in the device... would you like Isaac to repair date/time for this file?

Selecting Yes results in it automatically getting GPS data from an older ride (I get no options to select the appropriate GPS file that was uploaded from the VeloTrack app on Iphone).

I noticed the Velotrack time stamp was on minute different from the .IBR file, so I used Tools/Fix Date time in Ride file to agree with Velotrack, saved the windows file, then the GPS Tracker Get GPS Data worked as expected.

Problem solved.